Looks like we will have no blackops dedi's.

Derek

Sounds like a non disclosure might have just ended the day of the announcement, I could see GS jumping all over it as soon as they possibly could. Who knows...

We all jumped also when mw2 droped dedicated support so what was changed at that time for us? Nothing I believe :p

Well will see where this goes

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a non disclosure might have just ended the day of the announcement

Now that I think about, this is a brilliant move on GS's part. They are absolutely brilliant, having everyone going to that forum post with the pre-order. Regardless of whether it is true or false, they get a helluva lot of traffic. And they have their order link right there, it makes it a common sense decision for all these server owners to just order from GS to prevent any problems in the future.

Could it be the truth? yes.

Is it an amazing PR Move? Hell yes.

Could it be both? Maybe

Should GS be trusted? Hell no.

This PR benefits them more than anything and has no statements from Activision or Treyarch. The benefit of the doubt was given to that idiot Robert Bowling from IW because he was the community manager. While GS is big stuff in the GSP world, no one from the actual game team has confirmed anything.

if this is true i believe it is a crock of S*** ..... all the petition signing in the world didn't get us MW2 servers. I have a feeling this could be true. The little guy cant make any money, wth is that. Before long all we will be able to host is the old game titles. I for one was looking forward to the release of the game to drive home some sales. Guess I'll just drive home.lol

Now that I think about, this is a brilliant move on GS's part. They are absolutely brilliant, having everyone going to that forum post with the pre-order. Regardless of whether it is true or false, they get a helluva lot of traffic. And they have their order link right there, it makes it a common sense decision for all these server owners to just order from GS to prevent any problems in the future.

Could it be the truth? yes.

Is it an amazing PR Move? Hell yes.

Could it be both? Maybe

Should GS be trusted? Hell no.

This PR benefits them more than anything and has no statements from Activision or Treyarch. The benefit of the doubt was given to that idiot Robert Bowling from IW because he was the community manager. While GS is big stuff in the GSP world, no one from the actual game team has confirmed anything.

Do you really think GS would be post something that is utter BS on their website? I sure don't.

LOL they dont need to increase the traffic to their site trust me. They could do nothing and get more traffic than every GSP in these forums times 10. They wouldnt need to lie they could just say pre order COD BO threw us and the orders will flow on a daily basis.

I dont think this was PR move from GS,more thinking this was smart move from Activision they let them anounce to see what would be reaction ,because I am sure they know about competition rules around globe,so I think we should support lpgservers with his effort to do something about it.

Cheers

the fact they are selling "ranked" servers with 18 slots only makes me think they are aware of things we aren't.

If they know there will be ranked servers and if they know those servers have to be 18 slots then they possibly have the exclusivity.

Totally sucks as they are far from having servers world wide (apart from the monopoly aspect ofc)

gameservers.com value just doubled ;-)

Well congrats to them,

Sucks about there choice though, Would of thought they'd seen sense after MW2 Fail

you cant fool ppl indefinitely, this is more about short term profits on that.

Not to mention if hackers managed to crack mw2 servers, blackops should be easy task and I can already smell tons of "cracked" servers for blackops, much more than for any other game before.

http://www.codboards.com/portal/?tag=gameservers-com

last nights multiplayer reveal told us even more about what we can expect from the hosting side of call of duty: Black ops.

There will be no public server files.

Servers will be rented from gameservers.com only.

Anti-cheat will be provided by vac, not punkbuster.

There will be a /record feature.

Black ops will be a steam exclusive.

For more reveals from the multiplayer event, check out our forums!!!

http://www.codboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

no comment !!

My answers:

1. Gameservers.com offered them some cash for exclusive rights

bottom line it's all about money and not the people that purchase the game. Most of you knuckle heads went and bought mw2 after signing a petition not to purchase it (smart move). If your not going to offer mods and dedicated files why bother making the game for pc.

2. I wouldn't rent a server from gameservers.com aka Walmart if they sold penny a slot servers.

3. Been playing games since 99' back in the zone days (msn gaming zone aka Rogue Spear/Rainbow 6) and there was another one I cant remember so yeah I've been around awhile. There going to keep doing this until you knuckle heads quit buying there games.

Thats goes for the console retards too.

New theory: If it's not a steam game don't buy it!

My answers:

1. Gameservers.com offered them some cash for exclusive rights

bottom line it's all about money and not the people that purchase the game. Most of you knuckle heads went and bought mw2 after signing a petition not to purchase it (smart move). If your not going to offer mods and dedicated files why bother making the game for pc.

2. I wouldn't rent a server from gameservers.com aka Walmart if they sold penny a slot servers.

3. Been playing games since 99' back in the zone days (msn gaming zone aka Rogue Spear/Rainbow 6) and there was another one I cant remember so yeah I've been around awhile. There going to keep doing this until you knuckle heads quit buying there games.

Thats goes for the console retards too.

New theory: If it's not a steam game don't buy it!

Money talks and that will never change.

Archived