Looks like we will have no blackops dedi's.

Derek

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't think thats going to happen at Walmart? uh I mean GS

Considering only 4 people will have access to the files. I would assume so.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you this isn't fair even close to it. I think they need to go after the communities that host crack servers and sue them. Instead they go the other route and cut out everyone so this way less likely to happen. You can sue a 87 yr old woman for illegally downloading a mp3 but you won't sue someone who has a cracked server for your video game.

No offence but EA Ranked providers cannot complain about whats happening now. They made it happen and the blame is 100% on them.

Check my old posts and you will see I warned you that accepting the ranked principle was going to kill you (and us) on the long term.

If ppl werent so greedy they would have refused to host those bullsh*t ranked servers and game developers would have stepped back.

Too bad ppl can only see short term profits. Just like GS now, they are contributing to kill the PC multiplayer community, the source of their profits on long term. They will sure make big money during next 12 months but on a longer term Im sure this move will be negative for their $$.

Considering only 4 people will have access to the files. I would assume so.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you this isn't fair even close to it. I think they need to go after the communities that host crack servers and sue them. Instead they go the other route and cut out everyone so this way less likely to happen. You can sue a 87 yr old woman for illegally downloading a mp3 but you won't sue someone who has a cracked server for your video game.

Well, all the "cracking" eyes will be directed to them.

So , it's just the matter of time when GS security will be broken by some 11 year old kid :)

LOL Blame the EA Ranked Providers?

You cant be serious? Pull your head out. EA hand selects alot of providers to support their games Activision picks 1 and you try to compare it LOL.

No offense of course ;) This is where my personal quote comes into play its a business not a hobby GS has the money to do it so they did it and its a great business decision. Just have to look past it and move forward.

It has to be said this is a stinker for the rest of us, but you have to hand it to them, I am sure if it was one of us that had the exclusive, we wouldn't think it 'unfair'.

That doesn't mean I like it one bit though. And although I am no expert on US law, I am pretty sure that there is something in this anti-trust law. It almost certainly does remove the end users right for choice of suplier.

But as said, Im no expert on US Law.

As others have said, just move on. So what's next..... MOH Tier 1 anybnody :)

It has to be said this is a stinker for the rest of us, but you have to hand it to them, I am sure if it was one of us that had the exclusive, we wouldn't think it 'unfair'.

That doesn't mean I like it one bit though.

As others have said, just move on. So what's next..... MOH Tier 1 anybnody :)

"Moving On" is the worst possible thing you can do. No wonder GameServers.com has always been the largest as you are just letting them walk all over us.

I have always been clear about my position towards ranked partners thingie and anything related to "selected" providers, thats why I never applied to those programs and I truly hope I will never have to (fingers crossed there will always be game developers smart enough to not make that mistake of picking up a limited amount of partners). Yes I do blame GSP's who played that game as they opened the way towards monopoly and monopoly is never good.

Yes I would be glad to have monopoly on BlackOps hosting but on other hand I would know that its a short term benefit and a long term fail for gamers and for gsp industry.

Why must you guys insist on competing with GS?

You don't compete with them!!

Gameservers are a TINY bit of thier business, they have very DEEP pockets from other ventures. Believe me, they can close GS down tomorrow and not even miss the income.

-Bobby

Sigh. Brb going to start competing with -insert no name gsp-.

Sigh. Brb going to start competing with -insert no name gsp-.

Sigh if you want, but we can all name a dozen before you that tried and failed. How long do you think you can go hosting for 79 cents? They pay less than 3 bucks a meg, because of thier core business, not the GS side.

-bobby

Sigh if you want, but we can all name a dozen before you that tried and failed. How long do you think you can go hosting for 79 cents? They pay less than 3 bucks a meg, because of thier core business, not the GS side.

-bobby

Bobby wth are you smoking tonight ? You are laughing at competing against them yet your pricing is only 1 cent more per slot then what they offer.

As Bobby stated, GS.com is not simply a GSP. Their business is MUCH larger than hosting game servers. No one here would have the resources to compete against them. Unless there are some millionaires hiding somewhere around here willing to drop some serious coin on such a venture.

Bobby wth are you smoking tonight ? You are laughing at competing against them yet your pricing is only 1 cent more per slot then what they offer.

We aren't competing against them. We don't want thier customers, they are too needy. Sure we have competition but thats now who we look at. I went there the other day only because of the COD stuff otherwise I could care less. I get at least 8 calls a day from customers of thiers that pay only 49 cents a pub slot and they want us to match it. We say NO for 2 reasons. PRICE and the NEEDY part..:)

If we were competing against them I would snatch those calls right up but NO THANK YOU!

=bobby

We aren't competing against them. We don't want thier customers, they are too needy. Sure we have competition but thats now who we look at. I went there the other day only because of the COD stuff otherwise I could care less. I get at least 8 calls a day from customers of thiers that pay only 49 cents a pub slot and they want us to match it. We say NO for 2 reasons. PRICE and the NEEDY part..:)

If we were competing against them I would snatch those calls right up but NO THANK YOU!

=bobby

We all know how they operate and GS is just a side venture for them and probably just a tax write off for that matter. We get clients asking for price matching also but our support is way above what GS offers. I honestly don't believe the smart/old gamers are going to purchase a server from them, they just won't buy the game. Those are the clients we have and will keep.

Complaining about it is not going to change anything Treyarch has already sealed the deal while an antitrust suit may do something until all of us other gsp's band together to follow up on it your just wearing out your keyboard. This is just another way for Activision to control there pc game version and paying customers are going to get tired of that real quick.

any news on the new medal of honor if they will have public dedicated servers or just for rank host's like BC2 again. thire killing GSP's

Shouldn't be anywhere near close to killing "the" GSP's. If 1 or 2 franchises ruin a company, then they should definitely consider selling icecream or something a bit simpler to manage :)

Multiple flavors is key! :)

This thread has been a real laugh fest, I certainly hope some of you are dramatizing it up for the show as you have a problem with your business plan if one company refusing to do business your way will tear your company apart. When was the last time you saw a CEO of some notable company balling because company/corporation XYZ won’t let them sell their latest product? The fact is they don’t they have designed their business so manufactures want them to have their product, and if one refuses oh well tough luck for that manufacturer.

I took one simple step when I got the news. I wrote an email from my personal (Not business) email account and stated that I was unhappy with their choice and if that was how they were going to play it I would not purchase the latest title and that as a result of their recent trend I was steadily losing faith in their game titles and starting to follow other companies more closely.

No whining fests, no debating shutting down my company, if they choose not to allow me to help them distribute their latest title so be it. Why should I help them by providing free publicity, that’s all your ranting and ravings and petition sites and what not are is free publicity. A company only has so much to spend on marketing so if they can get a bunch of folks to make their product more known all the better. When company ABC, bad mouths companies DEF and XYZ for keeping them out I tend to just remember the product, not the negative and I’d bet that is probably the way the majority remember it.

Archived