Brink configs

gemcneill

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+set net_serverDedicated 1 +set si_name "Test Server X" +set net_ip 64.79.103.137 +set net_serverPort 27015 +set net_serverPortMaster 27016 +set sv_maxclients 16 +set exec_maxThreads 2 +exec server_objective_standard_vs.cfg

Just tried that and still not showing up on the list. Is there any required software for it to run? (PhysX, DX, etc?) Think they are all installed from other games anyways

+set net_serverDedicated 1 +set si_name "Test Server X" +set net_ip 64.79.103.137 +set net_serverPort 27015 +set net_serverPortMaster 27016 +set sv_maxclients 16 +set exec_maxThreads 2 +exec server_objective_standard_vs.cfg

Just tried that and still not showing up on the list. Is there any required software for it to run? (PhysX, DX, etc?) Think they are all installed from other games anyways

is your net_ip the primary server IP?

Also make sure that you have spawnServer mp/aquarium.entities (or any other map) at the end of the config so that some map is loaded and actually starts a server instance.

is your net_ip the primary server IP?

Also make sure that you have spawnServer mp/aquarium.entities (or any other map) at the end of the config so that some map is loaded and actually starts a server instance.

This is correct, I got mine working with this. Thanks for the information.

Brett, here is how my config looks for mine currently:

server_objective_standard_vs.cfg:

si_rules sdGameRulesObjective

applyServerConfig Standard

si_playMode 2

si_onlineMode 3

si_rankRestricted 1

spawnServer mp/aquarium.entities

Once you get the last item in the list added, it will kick start the server and all should start, give it like 5-20second to kick fully in and clear. Once that is done, you should be able to see it via any query tool (I personally use HLSW), and my server was coming up.

Make sure you have your ports forwarded (had that issue). Let me know if I can lend you a hand, or share any of my configs with you, I'd be happy to help.

Correction: I got it working via the .bat script locally. I'm trying to test it with TCAdmin; we might have to use the .bat file to run it first over TCAdmin :S.

Edited by EvilLinux
updated information

If you run the hldsupdatetool on any server you installed it should updated it and if you run it on your install files, you will just update it and then need to re-zip/re-rar the file for install. I am installing a server now with the most updated install and I will see if it works with the ip command.

I am able to star the server and it appears to completely start, but I can not see it in hlsw. What port should I be searching on? 27015? Also this is what is shows in console once it starts up.

------------- Initialized in 00:07 -------------

PURGING UNUSED STARTUP RESOURCES..

--- Common Initialization Complete ---

execing 'server_objective_standard_vs.cfg'

Server config changed to: Standard

Applied server config: Standard

It appears to be running I just cant connect to it on hlsw.

George

We are having the same issue. We have 2 servers that are showing on the browser, and about 14 more that aren't showing up at all. All of them are exactly the same setup, so no idea why a couple are working and the rest aren't.

Brett how are you seeing the server? Are you using the game browser or are you using something like hlsw. Also can you provide the ips of your servers that are showing up. I would like to see if I can use hlsw to see them.

George

I only have a few servers up so far, but I'm using the default IP on the box and increasing ports. Give that a try if you are using more than on IP.

That will definately work if net_ip isn't working, all are bounded to the default ip. :)

From what i read on Brink forum's +set net_ip <ip> should work.

Edited by Goran

What type of servers are you running?

Nehalem Xeons 2.33-3.4GHz. On a 2.33GHz single quad, can only run 3 Games and it uses about 70-80 % cpu. With 4 games 100% cpu. Same server can probably run 12-15 "normal" game servers.

Alright. This is what I have figured out so far. I can get the server to launch if I add the command line via a shortcut to the exe. But, i can't seem to get it to run through TCAdmin launcher. Any ideas as to why?

Successfuly loaded the game server, I can view it by using HLSW.

- if any .cfg file inside /base folder is erased, next hldsupdate will download it again.

- I created a folder /base/conf and copied all the configuration files there.

- Created server.cfg inside /base which is loading all the server data including configuration files from /base/conf folder depending what customer wants ( by using drop-down config menu ).

Questions:

- is anyone getting : WARNING: under-read bits message in the console?

- when looking at HLSW it shows 0/0 players probably because the game isnt yet fully supported.

Successfuly loaded the game server, I can view it by using HLSW.

- if any .cfg file inside /base folder is erased, next hldsupdate will download it again.

- I created a folder /base/conf and copied all the configuration files there.

- Created server.cfg inside /base which is loading all the server data including configuration files from /base/conf folder depending what customer wants ( by using drop-down config menu ).

Questions:

- is anyone getting : WARNING: under-read bits message in the console?

- when looking at HLSW it shows 0/0 players probably because the game isnt yet fully supported.

What did you put in your server.cfg?

I'm having problems pushing spawnServer mp/aquarium.entities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use