Brink configs

gemcneill

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant get my server to start either with tcadmin, unless i remote in and start it with a .bat file.

Try what Humbug posted:

also, to get this working under the system account or indeed any acount

+set fs_userpath %gameserverroot-notrailingslash%

well so far so good anyway

I'm able to get the servers running and online, and have confirmed users can connected, however I'm having problems getting them listed on the server browser. Anyone else having these problems, or is this a common problem with Brink right now?

Someone stated there was an update. I just ran the hldsupdatetool and there was no update to the files I have there now. Did an actual update come out after the initial release of the dedicated server yet?

George

There was an update after the release. Server version is "1" atm

I'm able to get the servers running and online, and have confirmed users can connected, however I'm having problems getting them listed on the server browser. Anyone else having these problems, or is this a common problem with Brink right now?

I'm having this same issue.

I've got all my ports set and the server shows it using the ports, yet GameTracker wont pick it up.

Anyone else getting server crashing after 1-2 maps?

This is happening with all of our servers since we updated to the latest server version

I can confirm the crashing as well. Quite frustrating. I experienced crashes using:

1. own bat file to start a single server (which was fine the first night) as described by EvilLinux, and

2. Using the setup via TCadmin as contributed by gemcneil and Goran.

I can get HLSW information just fine from both of the above launch methods. Player names, map, ping, score, gamemode, etc. Using default ports it would be: primary_IP:27016

This game better get a quick update, even the server browser has latency issues, or at least was for me. :(

I want to point out, that I did not create a config file. I just copied Goran's config file to show as an example to see if there was an issue with it. Goran should get full credit for what he did. That being said there has been a new update from steam. I just updated the file and we will see what this install can do now. Not sure what the fixes were so I guess it was the ip issue?

I can confirm the crashing as well. Quite frustrating. I experienced crashes using:

1. own bat file to start a single server (which was fine the first night) as described by EvilLinux, and

2. Using the setup via TCadmin as contributed by gemcneil and Goran.

I can get HLSW information just fine from both of the above launch methods. Player names, map, ping, score, gamemode, etc. Using default ports it would be: primary_IP:27016

This game better get a quick update, even the server browser has latency issues, or at least was for me. :(

I have the same config and commandline running, but for some reason i cant get it to show up fully in HLSW. I cant see the players, server name, etc.

Any ideas?

I have the same config and commandline running, but for some reason i cant get it to show up fully in HLSW. I cant see the players, server name, etc.

Any ideas?

You have to put the query port instead of the game port.

Not working, if i put the game port it comes up as Doom 3 protocol as the game type and reports latency but nothing else.

I put in the query port and it just times out.

Same here but when I use the query port it shows me all the details. Are you sure the query port is correct?

Here's an example:

208.100.45.18:27025 (game port)

208.100.45.18:27026 (query port)

Also I have the latest HLSW beta version.

Same here but when I use the query port it shows me all the details. Are you sure the query port is correct?

Here's an example:

208.100.45.18:27025 (game port)

208.100.45.18:27026 (query port)

Also I have the latest HLSW beta version.

Yeah actually those are the same ports for this instance i am using. But i am running 1.3.3.7b HLSW.

I think there might be a newer one.

I was having the same issue until I put the server on the primary ip. I figured this would have been resolved with the latest update. I have not tried it yet, but I will see if the issue persists.

Yes thats it! Your right, i have of course ran steam update, i think its now on version 3. But this issue still exists. It will only show if on the primary IP.

Ok with that in mind, will it only show on the client server lists the same way?

I dont have the game client yet so i cant test.

I was having the same issue until I put the server on the primary ip. I figured this would have been resolved with the latest update. I have not tried it yet, but I will see if the issue persists.

Its still not fixed using +set net_ip on the command line.

Version 3? I've ran update 2x, separate occasions and still Version 2.

I still get server crash. :( This improve for anyone else?

Server crashed once during the night.

Updated it few hours ago, I'll let you know how much it will last :)

ok we're getting some strange results with querying the servers and it advertising to the server list.

if there is one brink server on a box then everything seems fine however more than one and things get confusing. On the box with 2 Brink servers, when we add the servers to gametracker using the IP and port we set them up on making sure to assign primary IP then they can be queried (also in hlsw) however in LGSL if we enter the same info there it says it can't connect, it was only by chance when re-trying the whole thing again that i typo'd the IP address in LGSL and put the secondary IP in, it returned the query fine!..

<head hurting>

the server's dont seem to be 'crashing' however they do lose connection to steam and as such shutdown the game and not allow anyone to connect, again, probably due to the query ports not being bound

2011-05-12 11:18:50][0,0] : Log session started

[2011-05-12 11:18:50][0,0] : SetSteamID( [A:1:0:0] )

[2011-05-12 11:18:50][1,2] : Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelLow, 68.142.64.165:27017, UDP)

[2011-05-12 11:18:51][1,2] : ConnectionCompleted() (81.171.115.6:27017, UDP)

[2011-05-12 11:18:51][1,2] : RecvMsgClientLogOnResponse() : [A:1:2911826952:2633] 'OK'

[2011-05-12 13:29:35][3,2] : RecvMsgClientLoggedOff('Service Unavailable')

[2011-05-12 13:29:35][3,2] : AsyncDisconnect()

[2011-05-12 13:29:35][0,0] : ConnectionDisconnected('Disconnected By Remote Host') : 'Service Unavailable' (81.171.115.6:27017, UDP)

[2011-05-12 13:29:35][0,0] : [2011-05-12 13:29:35][0,0] : StartAutoReconnect() will start in 2 seconds

[2011-05-12 13:29:35][0,0] : LogOff()

[2011-05-12 13:29:35][0,0] : Log session ended

this happens in the logs and the server seems to crash but rdp in and the instance is still live

Edited by Humbug

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use