Brink configs

gemcneill

I know the dedicated server is not yet, but as I understand it, there should be an "early" release of the dedicated server before hand. The game comes out on Tuesday, so I just wanted to create a new Thread to keep it in everyone's mind. I believe it uses Idtech 4 so it should be very similar to quake wars. The resource usage should be better that COD4 (it uses modified IDtech 3 engine) but cvars should be very similar. We should be able to get the server files from the hldsupdatetool with the early release so people keep an eye out.

George

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should be similar to quakewars. Quakewars was pretty large in size and had vehicles. It is a heavy modified engine though but it might be lower in scale. I am thinking about the same price as what I would charge for quakewars at this point.

George

Hey Guys,

Randles here; formerly of Rackage and now at Splash Damage - it's been a long time !

Please find attached the BRINK admin's guide - the dedicated server will be going out on Steam (Tools).

As some of you may have guessed BRINK's tech is ETQW Like but also Steam like (A2S Query / Updates).

Hey Guys,

Randles here; formerly of Rackage and now at Splash Damage - it's been a long time !

Please find attached the BRINK admin's guide - the dedicated server will be going out on Steam (Tools).

As some of you may have guessed BRINK's tech is ETQW Like but also Steam like (A2S Query / Updates).

I hate to ask a dumb question, but where is this attached Admin's Guide?

This is what I have come up with thus far but so far not working properly. I can't figure out how to bind it to an IP address, and it just won't show on the list.

Binding to ips is useless at the moment.

They admitted it themselves, and apparently it will be fixed tomorrow morning

"Ok, looking at it a bit closer it seems like there might be a bug here. The socket appears to be setup correctly but the wrong IP is being reported. We'll look into this first thing in the morning. "

I guess one ip + crapload of port increments is the only way to host it at this moment.

Edited by xguju

Binding to ips is useless at the moment.

They admitted it themselves, and apparently it will be fixed tomorrow morning

"Ok, looking at it a bit closer it seems like there might be a bug here. The socket appears to be setup correctly but the wrong IP is being reported. We'll look into this first thing in the morning. "

I guess one ip + crapload of port increments is the only way to host it at this moment.

Ah true, but oh well. Splash has always been good about fixing issues, again this is first day release, got to give them a bit of a break ;).

Ah true, but oh well. Splash has always been good about fixing issues, again this is first day release, got to give them a bit of a break ;).

Not arguing with you, just saying that +set net_ip = useless command at the moment.

Not arguing with you, just saying that +set net_ip = useless command at the moment.

I know; but for what I need its working ;). I'm just happy to see the files and the TCAdmin community so quick with a file to come out haha.

Any who, happy brinking :D.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use