Brink configs

gemcneill

Finally got our servers working

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

but like everyone else we are finding high usage levels on the servers but even more confusing is the difference in CPU usage

8 Slot Server with 3 active players:

CPU Usage: 17.68

Memory Usage: 219.86 MB

Disk Usage: 1.23 GB

16 Slot Server with 2 active players:

CPU Usage: 2.34

Memory Usage: 209.79 MB

We created the 16 Slot with a dedicated CPU could this be causing the difference?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-

Change your spawnServer to:

spawnServer mp/aquarium

Finally got our servers working

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

but like everyone else we are finding high usage levels on the servers but even more confusing is the difference in CPU usage

8 Slot Server with 3 active players:

CPU Usage: 17.68

Memory Usage: 219.86 MB

16 Slot Server with 2 active players:

CPU Usage: 2.34

Memory Usage: 209.79 MB

We created the 16 Slot with a dedicated CPU could this be causing the difference?

Problem with this is:

We can dedicate CPU to Brink, but that gets very costly very fast.

Maybe there is a problem with HiJack being turned on?

Edited by NothinG

Heres my commandline

Here is the error i see in the brink console

Your commandline is missing an argument, check page 2 of the PDF or go back a few pages here and re-read what has been posted - full working commandlines have been posted a few times.

Your commandline is missing an argument, check page 2 of the PDF or go back a few pages here and re-read what has been posted - full working commandlines have been posted a few times.

What is it that i am missing? I cant find it. Also keep in mind, like i previously mentioned, i am able to get the servers running, I currently have i think like 7-8 running. I just ran into this game shut down for this one machine.

So its not a commandline issue, or else i would have problems system wide, not just with one machine.

Also i have tested without TCAdmin involved, and just running if of one of the 3 bat files already in the system files and i still get the same problem.

What is it that i am missing? I cant find it. Also keep in mind, like i previously mentioned, i am able to get the servers running, I currently have i think like 7-8 running. I just ran into this game shut down for this one machine.

So its not a commandline issue, or else i would have problems system wide, not just with one machine.

Also i have tested without TCAdmin involved, and just running if of one of the 3 bat files already in the system files and i still get the same problem.

I know your exact issue as I overlooked the same thing in the beginning - you are not setting the "net_serverPortAuth (default 8766) ? This is the port on which the server will authenticate with Steam".

You need to set this in your commandline and increment it by at least 1.

I know your exact issue as I overlooked the same thing in the beginning - you are not setting the "net_serverPortAuth (default 8766) ? This is the port on which the server will authenticate with Steam".

You need to set this in your commandline and increment it by at least 1.

Yeah so in TCAdmin it is set. I checked with one server that is working and the one that isnt and they are running exactly the same command line. Hmm...this is good maybe at least i can get this one server running. But its only 1 fail server so im not too worried, hopefully it just doesnt repeat itself in future installs.

Yeah nope, still no go even after adding +net_serverPortAuth 8776. So that's not it.

Do you have AvP running on the same machine?

Trying setting the Auth port to something higher as it is not the only game that uses this method and could be conflicting.

I have one machine that refuses to connect unless you set the Auth port, others no Auth port and they work without issue.

Almost positive the Auth port is your problem. If not, then I would best guess you are having another port conflict.

Do you have AvP running on the same machine?

Trying setting the Auth port to something higher as it is not the only game that uses this method and could be conflicting.

I have one machine that refuses to connect unless you set the Auth port, others no Auth port and they work without issue.

Almost positive the Auth port is your problem. If not, then I would best guess you are having another port conflict.

Ah, i didnt know that you had that issue too. Well i'll do a little more digging and see what i can find. Thanks Lane.

We have the servers up and running, and on a dual quad core CPU 3.4ghz we have had a server up running, and at 16/16 players it is using only 4.5% CPU (Across cores).

These are set with hiJacking Disabled. Not tested it yet with Hijacking enabled, will do so later today.

We are having the issue though that 16 slot servers will just drop to 8 slots max after a while.

Im thinking it might be a map based thing, but not confirmed yet. Anyone else experienced this?

Also the issue with the server only running on the primrary IP is still there, tested this morning and it won't run if not set on the primrary ip.

Well we are running the latest version, and don't appear to be running into the super high CPU usage that people were reporting, however, we weren't exactly getting hammered with it to begin with....

Hence my suspicion it was the Hijack setting being on causing the issue.

Perhaps Randles can shed some light, he has been great so far at getting the info to us on here :)

*Ends creeping*

Well we are running the latest version, and don't appear to be running into the super high CPU usage that people were reporting, however, we weren't exactly getting hammered with it to begin with....

Hence my suspicion it was the Hijack setting being on causing the issue.

Perhaps Randles can shed some light, he has been great so far at getting the info to us on here :)

*Ends creeping*

If your dual quad core has hyperthreading (ie 16 logical cores in windows) then each core accounts for 6.25% and means that 4.5% is using: ~70% of one cpu core.

If your dual quad core does not have hyperthreading (ie 8 logical cores) then each core accounts for 12.50% and means that 4.5% is using: ~40% of one cpu core

Hijacking makes no difference in CPU usage from the tests we have seen.

like me and some others have stated over at the splashdamage forum:

I run 4 servers at the same box (2003 server). 3 objective and 1 stopwatch, after the update only the stopwatch one have crashed several times, all running as close to the same config as possible (only changing gametype).

Every server have been full 16 slots about all the time, running about 10% CPU each over 8 cores 2,5 xeon.

EDIT:

ohh, and I have a 2008 server also that does not have any fix yet. Brink servers start fine in windows manually, so I wonder what fix is the best to have them start, run and query through TCA?

Edited by Remyx99

Does anyone have the config file they can post?

I've looked through this thread and tried the one Target posted but it didn't work.

Thanks

Also, is it actually working 100% with TCAdmin for anyone yet?

Okay... Finally got ours working. The trick was the increments. Here is my command line.

+set net_ip %serverip% +set net_serverPort %serverport% +set net_serverPortMaster %queryport% +set net_serverPortAuth %customport1%+set si_maxPlayers %slots% +set exec_maxThreads 2 +exec server.cfg

My ports are setup as follows.

Server IP: %main server IP%

Server Port: 27019

Query Port: 27020

RCON Port: 27019

Custom Port: 8771

When I add to HLSW I is my.ip.address: 27020

So if you used the default, the Ports should be set up like this.

Server Port: 27015

Query Port: 27016

RCON Port: 27015

Custom Port: 8767

And the HLSW entry would be my.ip.address:27016

When's the TCAdmin update coming out with Brink compatibility? They said it would be here a couple days ago and still nothing...

It is available for the beta testers. But you don't need this to setup a working Brink server. Just use HL2 compatibility for the moment.

Okay... Finally got ours working. The trick was the increments. Here is my command line.

My ports are setup as follows.

Server Port: 27019

Query Port: 27020

RCON Port: 27019

Custom Port: 8771

When I add to HLSW I is my.ip.address: 27020

So if you used the default, the Ports should be set up like this.

Server Port: 27015

Query Port: 27016

RCON Port: 27015

Custom Port: 8767

And the HLSW entry would be my.ip.address:27016

Could you upload yours with the default?

We are having the issue though that 16 slot servers will just drop to 8 slots max after a while.

Im thinking it might be a map based thing, but not confirmed yet. Anyone else experienced this?

Seeing the same here too. From what i can tell it seems to be map based. But i havnt confirmed 100% yet.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use