ArgumentOutOfRangeException when calling GameStat.ServerPlugin.GetGameServerStatus C#

XeroS1x

Hi Guys,

I have a piece of code in C# that enables me to get the current status of a particular game server (see below).

TCAdmin.Plugins.GameStats.ServerPlugin plugin = new ServerPlugin();
string response = (string)plugin.Execute(new Object[] { GetGameServerStatus", IP, Port, gameID, service });

The 'response' variable in the script above is usualy an XML as you guys know. For some game servers I get the XML response, and for others I get a blank response (even though the server is online and running, checked on TCAdmin interface to confirm this)

For the requests to GetGameServerStatus that return the black response, this error gets logged on the TCAdmin Monitor Error Logs:

2011/12/29 04:37:21 PM : GameStat.ServerPlugin.GetGameServerStatus: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: type

Any idea what this 'type' parameter is? Also, is there a link to the documentation for this TCAdmin SDK?

• 2 weeks later...

Is that the exact code you are using? You are missing a quote:

string response = (string)plugin.Execute(new Object[] { "GetGameServerStatus", IP, Port, gameID, service });

Enable debug mode in the monitor and restart it. You will see more information in the console so you can make sure the parameters you are sending are correct. Make sure the IP and query port is correct. Add this line after <appSettings> or set debug to True if you already have it:

<add key="TCAdmin.Debug" value="True" />

Hi

The double quote was a copy paste fail. So no worries there.

We have debug = 1 in web.config and this is the error that gets logged from the directory below

C:\TCAdmin\Monitor.Errors.txt

Below is the error we see.

2011/12/29 04:37:21 PM : GameStat.ServerPlugin.GetGameServerStatus: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: type

Archived