Reign Of Kings

nmo0ory

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, while you guys are discussing im trying it out myself, it's the same game - engine ( unity5 ) like rust does. So the process shouldn't be that hard to figure.

Everything up and running for me:

IWqXe.png

YrfHd.png

regards,

Edited by SirEb

should be more ppl like u mate , its about us getting are company's going and helping each other not making us pay for config's :mad:

I really don't hope you're serious. I offered to do this for a small amount of money. Besides helping on these forums, I also have my very own company that has grown to be one of the biggest GSPs in Denmark in less than 2 years. I also attend school and have to travel 2 hours every day to get there, and there's tons of homework and assignments to do every day.

Sorry that I'm not willing to work for free on something that I will never use myself - I have no intentions of ever hosting Reign of Kings. How can you be mad about that instead of just taking the god damn time it needs to learn how to do your own configs? It isn't rocket science, you know. If you haven't gotten the time to learn how to prepare a config, you shouldn't be mad - because many of us haven't gotten the time as well, and that's why we want money for it.

What's the next thing... You want TCAdmin to be free as well to help the gaming community improve?

Well, while you guys are discussing im trying it out myself, it's the same game - engine ( unity5 ) like rust does. So the process shouldn't be that hard to figure.

Everything up and running for me:

IWqXe.png

YrfHd.png

regards,

Is there no query support for it yet? I figured there would be with Unity5 and if it's like Rust.

Maybe you just haven't had the time to enter it in yet, that's alright too!

Just a curious soul.

Unfortunately not, i couldn't find any working query, even after some hours of googe'ing.

Seems like there is no rcon nor query for this game so far, at least none which is public, because somehow the server - list ingame needs to get the playercounts.

Edit: I send a email to them, i'll post here if there's anything new in the query direction. :)

Edited by SirEb

According to this guy, there is no query protocol yet.

Unfortunately they haven't released the query protocol (that I can find yet), the same goes for RCON.

I have however spoken to the developers on a number of occasions and suggested this to be added to future builds.

should be more ppl like u mate , its about us getting are company's going and helping each other not making us pay for config's :mad:

I have no problems understanding why people charge for the configs. In theory it is not a hard job setting up a new config. It can be time consuming, but it is very rarely hard.

That people charge for their time spent Is perfectly fine.

And serious GSPs CAN'T give away their own configs for obvious reasons. Those that do often omit the more advanced parts, as these give advantages over the competition.

That said, free is better then not free, but complaining that people charge for their time spent is uncalled for.

I have no problems understanding why people charge for the configs. In theory it is not a hard job setting up a new config. It can be time consuming, but it is very rarely hard.

That people charge for their time spent Is perfectly fine.

And serious GSPs CAN'T give away their own configs for obvious reasons. Those that do often omit the more advanced parts, as these give advantages over the competition.

That said, free is better then not free, but complaining that people charge for their time spent is uncalled for.

While I agree with you, it's pretty frustrating as this is supposed to be a gsp tcadmin community and the moment I got a license I hopped on the forums and was surprised at how little people share. I plan to share all working configs I have for games that aren't default.

While I agree with you, it's pretty frustrating as this is supposed to be a gsp tcadmin community and the moment I got a license I hopped on the forums and was surprised at how little people share. I plan to share all working configs I have for games that aren't default.

My company smacks me on the face whenever I share a config. I help out as much as I can on here, without getting smacked on the face.

I JUST DONT LIKE GETTING SMACKED IN THE FACE.

Want to know why there's not much shared on these forums? Because when GSP 1 shares something, GSP 2, 3 and 4 use that work to their own advantage without giving any credit - GSP 1 now has 3 new competitors, and he has earned literally nothing while helping the competitors with stuff that is so simple that really anyone should be able to do it.

GSP 1 does the hard work while GSP 2, 3 and 4 earns money on that work because they "don't have the time" to read and learn about the software that they want to make money of.

Being a GSP is first and foremost about earning money and being the very best. Giving away all of your work doesn't make you the very best, like no one ever was.

Want to know why there's not much shared on these forums? Because when GSP 1 shares something, GSP 2, 3 and 4 use that work to their own advantage without giving any credit - GSP 1 now has 3 new competitors, and he has earned literally nothing while helping the competitors with stuff that is so simple that really anyone should be able to do it.

GSP 1 does the hard work while GSP 2, 3 and 4 earns money on that work because they "don't have the time" to read and learn about the software that they want to make money of.

Being a GSP is first and foremost about earning money and being the very best. Giving away all of your work doesn't make you the very best, like no one ever was.

I fully understand that, my literal point is that people treat these as some secret. Yes people spend time creating configs, and yes depending on the level of work some things would solicit payment, but in the real world there are lots and lots of GSP's. My example would be 50 GSP's already have 1 "working" config, all keeping it secret. The lack of community/configs because people see it as some secret is my point, 50 GSP's out of say 51 (1 not having the config), well would you really see it making any difference one more competition having the config, because it's not really so secret anymore, it's just people not willing to share. You also need to remember some people are better than others with things like this, where you or I would get one error on a config creation, we'd probably know how to get past it, whereas someone else may be well and truly stumped. I recently had someone help me with a Tekkit config after me and a friend for the best part of a month trying to get it working, then this guy helped us out, and it turned out to be a stupidly easy workaround, but I wouldn't have realised that for quite some time. I'm probably ranting a bit right now and making no sense I haven't slept properly for days :p My bottom line is, yes some things should be sold because they have been worked hard for. But if it's really not so "secret" and 1000 other GSP's out there have the thing you're looking for, is it really something you should keep to yourself? To put it to the extreme, imagine if for some (strange) reason somebody came along and asked for a counterstrike:source config, and everybody refused to give it and treated it like something gold, for something that almost everyone else already has, that would be proposterous wouldn't it? I'm not angry or anything or trying to start an argument and I always appreciate people's work, but I just think some people's attitude to things is very backwards as it's not something that was valuable in the first place unless it really is something that's exclusive, that's when you shouldn't share.

Anyway that's a massive digression, I for one am interested in a Reign Of Kings Config mainly because my friend wants a server for it on my box and I don't know much about the game, I'll probably end up writing a config myself, but is it worth it for this game without a query protocol?

I'm not angry or anything or trying to start an argument and I always appreciate people's work, but I just think some people's attitude to things is very backwards as it's not something that was valuable in the first place unless it really is something that's exclusive, that's when you shouldn't share.

I'm just gonna take a guess, but it doesn't seem like anyone has been downloading your stuff on these forums and then claimed it as his own before. I have - both with a Danish translation that I worked on for more than 6 hours straight the first night and game configs.

I didn't say that everyone should sell configs - not at all my point. I've also shared configs for different games (both on the forums and to other companies on Skype and via email). I just say that if I have to spend my time working on something for you that I'm not gonna use, I expect to get some sort of payment. I consider my time very valuable since I've got other stuff to do, and when people starts contacting me privately for support, I want payment.

And with new configs that there's not much documentation on, there's a huge difference of 2 people (the only ones who want to learn about the software) having a working config and 10 people having a working config.

The ones that just download configs without knowing anything about them, will use these forums or contact the creators of the configs, expecting to get help with their configs for free. It's been seen a lot of times.

It's also important to mention that I don't mind people sharing configs at all. I just really don't like the way that some people think they are eligible for free configs and free help so that they can earn money. Oh, and if you ask them to use 10 minutes, they don't have the time. And yes, people like that exist on these forums to a large extent.

NoDoze, yes you have to own the game.

Though we are all hosting tcadmin, the same configs, the same games, it is a level playing field. What makes the difference is the support and quality service, no config or one person here can influence that!

Configs can heavily influence that.

Simple example:

GMod - Default config, sure it works.

Some GSPs out there have auto installers for a ton of gamemodes.

Doesn't come by defualt.

This is a classic example how it is influenced, you can be sure there was quite some time put into that as well.

Exactly, Raizio.

Minecraft is our top selling server on our website. Many clients have spent thousands of dollars on our website on that exact game. One client has spent almost 2500 USD, and she's only been a client for a year. She's been telling her friends and her community about us because how much we've customized the Minecraft config. Clients can install 40 mods with one click, which is something a lot of people have commended us for.

Spending time customizing a config to suit most of your customers needs will earn you more money. That's our experience, at least.

I agree with all of your points, I wasn't taking a dig at anyone, I hope you don't feel that I was, but it's a point of view I felt needed to be said as the one you stated previously is one that reccurs quite frequently, and what that guy said about no config can match support etc. I totally agree! If somethings not particularly advanced I tend to offer as much help as possible, because some things just shouldn't be charged for. I was trying to install Arma on linux as I was switching it over from my Windows VM, and centos kept complaining about glibc, I thought I needed to recompile another copy so the server would work, googling the issue didn't return any real results. Luckily someone popped up and said all you have to do is copy the libstdcc+ something or other (I forget the exact name) from the tc admin tools directory into the game directory, I literally spent hours trying to find a fix, and if someone would have dared charge me for such a simple yet frustrating fix I would have been pretty pissed, but that's understandeable, whereas from what I can tell with you Dennis you're pretty standup in the sense that you only charge if it's something actually worth charging for, which makes total sense! Razio you're right about that, though auto-installers probably aren't that difficult to configure, it's only when you run into a problem and you have no idea exactly how to get past it that you should ask for help, and if it's something as simple as idk, you stating an additional port or something and charging someone it's not right. I'm not saying any of you do that, just my two cents :'). I've posted about altis life in the forum on here under gameserver help, because I literally have hit a wall in it and it's doing my nut in. Funny how I can configure webservers etc etc etc, yet I'm defeated by a damned game :p

As someone who runs 6 server, I have a question, how resource intensive/what are the requirements for a single server? Thanks for the config by the way, hopefully a query protocol for it is released soon

EDIT: Upon importing the config it gives me this. (screenshot) any ideas anyone?

G.png

Edited by jeromehaynes
needed