Reign Of Kings

nmo0ory

Hey. Edit the config and find these:

<steam_account>CHANGE ME</steam_account>

<steam_password>CHANGE ME</steam_password>

into this:

<steam_account></steam_account>

<steam_password></steam_password>

Then overwrite your current imported config.

Obviosly you need to add the steam account/password if you do not have the game on your default tcadmin steam account :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The page I screenshoted is the edit config page? Unless you mean edit the config.xml and as I can't access any of the config options I see no way of deleting it and uploading a new one with the correct values. Do you know where tcadmin stores the xml config files?

Edit: Oh wait, I misread your answer. Don't need you to answer this! May re-upload with "place" values so it doesn't cause this error again, thanks.

Edited by jeromehaynes

Hey. Edit the config and find these:

<steam_account>CHANGE ME</steam_account>

<steam_password>CHANGE ME</steam_password>

into this:

<steam_account></steam_account>

<steam_password></steam_password>

Then overwrite your current imported config.

Obviosly you need to add the steam account/password if you do not have the game on your default tcadmin steam account :)

I did as you said and it worked, however it didn't overwrite the config it created a new one, and there is no option to delete, how would I manually go about finding the xml files directory so I can manually delete it?

Also how come taking a username and password out works? There are lots of other configs that work fine with them in aren't there? I like to learn why fixes work rather than just fixing something and leaving it :')

Thank you for all your kind help so far!

Kind Regards,

Jerome Haynes

For later, when importing, you have two options.

1. (Default) To import as new game

2. Overwrite existing game

(Text might be alittlebit different, as I can't access the admin panel atm)

Using the second option after editing the .xml file would have fixed the game config. If you do not want to delve into the sql you can still do this overwriting the first config, and thus giving you the option to delete it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

the keyword is "mklink" , you can link the slot - directories with a directory inside your customers - folder on the "After Server created" Event in the scripts.

I've thought about this, but what if the client changes there world slot?

Say to another clients world slot? Or have you locked it so they can't?

Hi,

you can use:

Run as: "User per service" on the game template, this will create one user per game - service, each user has his own appdata folder, with a relatively easy script you can determine the appdata folder and automate the mklink process. So on every reinstall or install the mklink will be made to the current directory which is owned by that user.

• 4 weeks later...

Alpha 12 bringing some major changes fellas.

It was released on 2nd of May.

They are using Unity5 instead of Unity4 now so there are some performance increases.

Mainly better multi thread support.

Not to mention, this one is for us, Saves location is now next to ROK.exe by default in a Saves/ folder

Also for current servers; here's a little guide for you folk:

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=435654886

Edited by Raizio

The save folder being in the users folder has made things so much easier now, saves were a massive headache before this. The update seems to have brought a massive renewed interest in the game, went a little quiet. Also the RAM is much lower now and doesnt seem to go crazy and increase exponentially until restarted

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...