Factorio

Finest

Hi Finest,

Do you have a working config for Factorio for Linux?

I have one I'm not willing to share but you can use the TCAdmin config wizard to create one which will work just fine as the game needs nothing special in order to run

I have one I'm not willing to share but you can use the TCAdmin config wizard to create one which will work just fine as the game needs nothing special in order to run

your really not alot of help.. :mad:

wish more community members would be involved in a solution instead of being rude and not sharing.

your really not alot of help.. :mad:

wish more community members would be involved in a solution instead of being rude and not sharing.

That's hardly rude.

For one, it could contain many unique selling points for them.

Second, hell he could not even be allowed to share them by the company he works for.

People help eachother here because they can. Doesn't mean they need to share the configs that they spent hours on. For many it is still definitely a business.

Raizo is right I put some work into the config which is why i'm not willing to share it. I could however give you a config which would be no diffrent than the one you can create using the built in auto-create tool

Well I made you a working one with the auto creation tool.

For future tinkering here's a quick how-to

•  
  • Go to your game file folder (default: /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games)
  • create a folder (here:factorio for this config to work you'll need to do that too)
  • place the game files in it ( do that too)
  • Launch the auto creation tool
  • Select the folder for the game you want to create a config for
  • Select the executable (here: /bin/x64/factorio but you can use startfactorio too. You'll just be unable to create command lines)
  • Tcadmin automaticly detects config files for you! you simply need to select the one you'd like an customize it (note: the /factorio folder is a template)
  • Select the ports you'd like to use or use leave this step be if you want it to use the default settings

You can later always modify the config to your liking afterwards but in most cases the auto-tool should be sufficient if you're just hosting stuff for your gaming community

factorio - Linux.xml

• 4 weeks later...
How about the autosave exit? Like ctrl-c close to save.. otherwise it doesn't save.

As said before autosave exit is already hardcoded in the game.

In the patch that got released yesterday they said something about t being broken on windows and that they have fixed it now

• 2 weeks later...
As said before autosave exit is already hardcoded in the game.

In the patch that got released yesterday they said something about t being broken on windows and that they have fixed it now

Not really, Does not save the map on exit for windows. only the autosave files will work.

I believe tcadmin does a hard shutdown instead of a soft shutdown.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
hello,

anyone got a working Factorio Config for Windows or Linux witch CTRL + C soft shutdown ?

So When you kill the Process without a CTRL + C resett (on linux) that game would not save anything.

If you want that shut down command, use this code in a Iron Python script

Script.WriteToConsole("^C");

Please note that this config is over a year old and that the factorio devs released to nearly complete multiplayer rewrites since then. The config was rubbish, which even said myself, but it did the trick back then

Edit: no they would not need my exact .zip file since the executable creates it when it is missing. The config files are also automatically created on first start up and do not need to be shipped with it

Edited by wirs

• 1 month later...
Please note that this config is over a year old and that the factorio devs released to nearly complete multiplayer rewrites since then. The config was rubbish, which even said myself, but it did the trick back then

Edit: no they would not need my exact .zip file since the executable creates it when it is missing. The config files are also automatically created on first start up and do not need to be shipped with it

Do you have a more updated game config? and willing to share??

Thanks

I'm sorry but I don't have it anymore but the one in this thread is still working all you need to do is replace the command line with

--start-server-load-latest

and it should start with the latest map it can find. I would just not recommend to use this config in a commercial environment :)

Edit: There was a guy here on the forums that made a better config but you need to have a 4$/month subscription on his site now to download it

Edited by wirs

I have created a config along with a working console (no commands tho) but you know how to query factorio servers? I tried the all seeing eye. But that dint work. Any idea? Once I am happy with the config ill share it.

Also when I click stop it shuts down nicely same as ctrl +c

• 4 weeks later...