Conan Exhile Dedicated Server

SmDstyle

Hi, does anyone know for sure where the commands should go?

I?m having issues with the ports everytime they release an update.

Right now I?m trying to set Port and QueryPort in the command line and leave Engine.ini empty.

I?m getting handshake errors and I can only see 1 of the 2 servers in the list.

Anyone manage to find out how does this game exactly works? Cause right now I can?t make it work.

This is the setup I have right now:

Server1

Port=27015 QueryPort=27017

Server2

Port=27025 QueryPort=27027

When I start the servers, I check the ports listening and they are using:

27015, 27016 and 27017 for the Server1

27025, 27026 and 27027 for the Server2

Only 1 of them is showing in the Steam server list.

Am I doing something wrong? All the ports are properly forwarded and open.

Do I need to add something to Engine.ini? How should I?

Thanks in advance, I would really apreciate some help in this matter, I?m completely blocked right now.

Hi, does anyone know for sure where the commands should go?

I?m having issues with the ports everytime they release an update.

Right now I?m trying to set Port and QueryPort in the command line and leave Engine.ini empty.

I?m getting handshake errors and I can only see 1 of the 2 servers in the list.

Anyone manage to find out how does this game exactly works? Cause right now I can?t make it work.

This is the setup I have right now:

Server1

Port=27015 QueryPort=27017

Server2

Port=27025 QueryPort=27027

When I start the servers, I check the ports listening and they are using:

27015, 27016 and 27017 for the Server1

27025, 27026 and 27027 for the Server2

Only 1 of them is showing in the Steam server list.

Am I doing something wrong? All the ports are properly forwarded and open.

Do I need to add something to Engine.ini? How should I?

Thanks in advance, I would really apreciate some help in this matter, I?m completely blocked right now.

You're getting the handshake error as the first server is running on 27015 already. The Port=27025 command does not change the default port on which the game launches. So, the second server is trying to run on 27015, and it's not binding correctly, as it's being used already.

This is the same problem i'm having. One of my boxes only has one IP address associated with it, and i'm unable to host multiple games off of it because of it.

I'm looking for a workaround, but as of right now i have not found one.

Are you able to connect with both the port and queryport the same?

Not anymore. Seems like they 'patched' something so the client just hangs with a black screen when joining servers where both query port and game port are the same. Really fucking stupid since our config was made with same ports, and now we had to edit the ports for all existing customers...

makes it easier for customers to connect.

Also, just because we know what that the query port is the port that Steam needs to communicate with the server doesn't mean that the client knows it. Think a few years back, before you started messing with game servers... You didn't know what a query port was, right? I didn't, not until I had to know what it was used for.

For us it's just common knowledge, but sometimes it's a mess trying to explain to the customer why he can't use the 'real' IP in TCAdmin. You're not even able to join with the game port, nor search for the game, so it's just pointless that you can't set the game port equal to the query port.

Also, just because we know what that the query port is the port that Steam needs to communicate with the server doesn't mean that the client knows it. Think a few years back, before you started messing with game servers... You didn't know what a query port was, right? I didn't, not until I had to know what it was used for.

For us it's just common knowledge, but sometimes it's a mess trying to explain to the customer why he can't use the 'real' IP in TCAdmin. You're not even able to join with the game port, nor search for the game, so it's just pointless that you can't set the game port equal to the query port.

You hit the nail on the head!

Good point, if only I knew what the serverRegion options are?

Included in ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\ServerSettings.ini by default:

RegionAllowAfrica=True

RegionAllowAsia=True

RegionAllowCentralEurope=True

RegionAllowEasternEurope=True

RegionAllowWesternEurope=True

RegionAllowNorthAmerica=True

RegionAllowOceania=True

RegionAllowSouthAmerica=True

RegionBlockList=

To move to a different issue.

As we know, TCAdmin simply kills the process (since we have nowhere to shove in a stop command).

However, if you open the process with "Show Interactive Service" from the desktop (assuming you have the setting "Enable interact with desktop" enabled in the game profile) and press CTRL+C, it'll initiate a soft-shutdown of the service which will write the last changes to the DB before it actually shuts down properly/safely (instead of being killed and losing ~5-10 minutes and having the possibility of corrupting the save).

Is there any way we can send that CTRL+C signal to the service with TCAdmin to initiate this graceful shutdown of the service?

serverRegion

serverRegion=1

Sets the server's region. (0=EU, 1=NA, 2=Asia)

Is that definate though? I have heard so many different versions. Such as 0, 1 = EU, 2 = America etc. Is there any official documentation?

guys

we cant show current player status on our panel. it is always Players: 0/30.

how can we solve this. thanks.

Possible query issue

Not to make you sound dumb have you checked the auto refresh. If so then as i say cud be query issues

yes auto refresh is checked.

how can we fix query issue ?

Hit up the Game Query Tool in the system settings. Enter your IP and query port (default 27015). Protocol: Half-Life 2 new. Test it. That should give you the information you need. If it works, just update your profile accordingly.

Hit up the Game Query Tool in the system settings. Enter your IP and query port (default 27015). Protocol: Half-Life 2 new. Test it. That should give you the information you need. If it works, just update your profile accordingly.

thanks fixed it :)

We use this simple Script on our servers:

Script.WriteToConsole("^C");

Event: Before stopped

seems to work fine for most servers

Cheers \o Thanks for the tip, but from what I can see, it doesn't seem to be working well for me.

Is there a way we can get the service PID from some variable somewhere? If so, it'd be possible to use os.kill(pid, signal.CTRL_C_EVENT).