Dark and Light Windows Config

BRIT

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRIT,

Thanks for all the hard work and info.

Followed your instructions.. got the server up and running first time...

I see the server in the in-game server list but when I try to connect, it goes all the way thru the loading process and then drops back to the main menu.

There has to be something in the server config that the game does not like. Did you run into this in your work?

Hi,

Your more than welcome!

With your issue please send me your log files and i will take a look for you but for me i did not get this issue, i have a bunch of servers up working fine so i would be happy to assist you in getting this resolved.

My log file is pretty much empty save to the same thing volborg has.

Content Log:

Loaded 0 apps from install folder.....

Connection log is attached.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Update:

I think the issue may be in my command line. It looks like my GameUserSettings.ini is getting overwritten each time I start the server...

Plus, there is no folder "/Game/DNL/Maps/CapeOfSacredPath/DNL_ALL"

connection_log_7777.txt

Edited by fjamieson

I have installed a server my side and it's working perfect, maybe create me a user and assign the server to me so i can take a look? I did check the logs and i get the same "Loading 0 apps" error but i can still join my server fine.

Ah also if your on a windows box just install the game through steam and run it once and see if it works then or make sure you have DirectX

Are you using a batch file to start your server? (as it has in the various website links on the subject)

I started the DNLserver using a version of the following command line: Ran this directly on the Windows server itself!

start ""/NORMAL "...\DNL\Binaries\Win64\DNLServer.exe" "/Game/DNL/Maps/CapeOfSacredPath/DNL_ALL?Port=7777?QueryPort=27025?SessionName=<YourServerName>?MaxPlayers=70?listen?AllowFlyerCarryPvE=true" -nosteamclient -game -server -log -servergamelog

The server started, and was seen in the server list.. got thru the game load process.. got a "Black screen" this time, then back to the menu..

BTW: Sent you a login

Thanks

Forbes J

Ok, after some head scratching i have come to realise that i actually uploaded my first XML that did not work........... i have replaced the xml in the front page so delite your current one and replace with the new one and you will be good to go ;)

Brit,

I fixed the issue. Using the info in the connection_log file. I added the port numbers listed there to the 'Custom Ports' list and restarted the server...

Still have to figure our the SessionName & Maxplayers issue. :-)

But, I am now able to connect. :-)

Thanks again for your help.

The session name and max players is working my end and the ports should have already been in there... did you download my new config? also do you want me to throw you a server up from my end and give you the log in information to compare?

Hi Brit...

Sorry I did not see your reply.. did not see the thread had gone to a second page..

#feelsbad

Did not try your new config as I was able to get the server running. Will download it and have a look at it.

Thanks again for your help.

Numpty.. yeah.. it takes for ever...... to show up!!

getting [2017-08-16 09:18:59] Loaded 0 apps from install folder "C:\TCAFiles\Users\admin\350\DNL\Binaries\Win64\steamapps\appmanifest_*.acf".

have the DLL with the exe still no luck takes over 30 mins to show i join and server reboots any ideas