Dark and Light Windows Config

BRIT

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Is there something like automanagedmods that Ark has for Dark and Light? I tried setting mine up the same as I have my ark servers but that didn't work.

Or does anyone know how to extract the .z files that are downloaded using workshop_download_item with steamcmd?

Thanks for the reply. I had been trying to use that. I tried to modify it for Dark and Light but I was unable to create an executable that would work. I tried a few different versions of python and py2exe to do it. Have you created a .exe for Dark and Light from these scripts? If so what versions of python and py2exe did you use? Or do you use it just as a python script in tcadmin and how did you do this? I've not been successful with getting python scripts to work yet. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

I have never done anything with Dark and Light but you can get the exe from here https://github.com/barrycarey/Ark_Mod_Downloader/raw/master/dist/Ark_Mod_Downloader.exe i had this setup for ark i just use batch script to download the mod

Ark_Mod_Downloader.exe --steamcmd "D:\TCAdmin2\TCAFiles\Users\SteamCmd" --workingdir %ThisService_RootDirectory% --modid %ThisService_Modid%

i have Script parameter checked for the %ThisService_Modid% variable so when they run the script they get a text box and they just enter the modid

I have never done anything with Dark and Light but you can get the exe from here https://github.com/barrycarey/Ark_Mod_Downloader/raw/master/dist/Ark_Mod_Downloader.exe i had this setup for ark i just use batch script to download the mod
Ark_Mod_Downloader.exe --steamcmd "D:\TCAdmin2\TCAFiles\Users\SteamCmd" --workingdir %ThisService_RootDirectory% --modid %ThisService_Modid%

i have Script parameter checked for the %ThisService_Modid% variable so when they run the script they get a text box and they just enter the modid

Has anyone figured out a way to get mods unpacked? I tried editing the .exe with DnL parameters however it doesn't seem to work.

I had a bettter look at the ark mod downloader and it wont work without editing the .py file becuase it coded to the ark mod directory however i downloaded a DnL mod with just steamcmd it was not in a .z file this is what i used

@echo off
REM 529180 is the game id
REM 1402919630 is the mod id
D:\TCAdmin2\TCAFiles\Users\SteamCmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +workshop_download_item 529180 1402919630 +quit

The DnL mods I looked at were all .z and in the same format as ARK as the game is basically an ARK clone. If I were to use the Ark_Mod_Downloader.py directly (with the appropriate edits) where in the TCAdmin files do I put arkit.py? I tried in the server root directory where you would put the .exe file however it was not finding it.

• 1 month later...
1. Download Python3.

2. Create a bash script that execute somethings like

python C:\path\to\downloader.py --modid <variable that stores mod id>

Easy as that

This is the error received when using this method:

C:\TCAFiles\Users\Admin\2495>C:\Python\python.exe C:\Python\DNL_Mod_Downloader.py --workingdir C:\TCAFiles\Users\Admin\2495\ --preserve --modids 1419630194

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Python\DNL_Mod_Downloader.py", line 419, in <module>

main()

File "C:\Python\DNL_Mod_Downloader.py", line 404, in main

if not args.modid and not args.mod_update:

AttributeError: 'Namespace' object has no attribute 'modid'

Process exited with code 1

You are the man Dennis, thanks! One last issue is that it doesn't create the .mod file correctly. It looks to be creating a .mod file inside the mod's folder but not naming it to 123456789.mod (for example) and moving it to the root Mods directory. Any ideas on why this is?

SteamCMD was updated to use the home directory of the user that runs SteamCMD. If I recall correctly, it's something like /home/tcagame_svc123/Steam.

The script looks in /home/tcagame_svc123/123/SteamCMD - you need to change this from the script.

Are you running the game server as TCAGame or user per service?

I'm running it as TCAGame. Just to clarify it does create the 123456789 folder with the extracted mod files and move it to the DNL\Content\Mods folder. It also looks to be creating the .mod file however it has it as just .mod and not 123456789.mod and it is leaving it in the 123456789 folder and not putting it in the DNL\Content\Mods folder.

Edited by crunkinshoe

It looks like you can have the .mod file in the DNL\Content\Mods folder named 123456789.mod or in the DNL\Content\Mods\123456789 folder named as just .mod

I wasn't aware the second was also an option as I had been doing it the first way for ARK. Everything looks to be working, thanks again Dennis!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have some updates seemingly the problem that my XML file is outdated. The server starts and runs but after a restart the server stops running. Has something changed? The DLL files I have missing are always manually copied to the binary folder

Does anyone have a current XML file?

Many Thanks

• 3 weeks later...