Atlas

CloudNine

No Sorry my Config Crash

Fatal error!

VERSION: 5.9

ShooterGameServer.exe!FDatabaseRedisShared::LoadDatabaseConnectionInfo() (0x00007ff6a9a7883a) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\databaseshared_redis.cpp:79]

ShooterGameServer.exe!FDatabaseRedisShared::GetOrCreateClientConnection() (0x00007ff6a9a75c0a) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\databaseshared_redis.cpp:157]

ShooterGameServer.exe!UDatabase_ClusterInfo_Redis::Init() (0x00007ff6a9a82e0e) + 173 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\database_clusterinfo_redis.cpp:97]

ShooterGameServer.exe!UShooterGameInstance::StartGameInstance() (0x00007ff6a9ebc738) + 20 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergameinstance.cpp:307]

ShooterGameServer.exe!UGameEngine::Init() (0x00007ff6aae0d6b6) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:735]

ShooterGameServer.exe!UShooterEngine::Init() (0x00007ff6a9ea8aef) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterengine.cpp:396]

ShooterGameServer.exe!FEngineLoop::Init() (0x00007ff6a9a371bc) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2109]

ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff6a9a36cb2) + 12 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:128]

ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff6a9a36dba) + 5 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]

ShooterGameServer.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff6a9a3c7fa) + 17 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]

ShooterGameServer.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff6abcd392d) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffe7f518364) + 0 bytes [unknownFile:0]

ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffe7fade821) + 0 bytes [unknownFile:0]

ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffe7fade821) + 0 bytes [unknownFile:0]

Im willing to pay for an template that is easy to use, my gaming community is begging for a cluster and reading the step by step on nitrados wiki im finding my self mouthing "how the hell.." after each line i read.

The concept is really cool but im still learning the tcadmin basics and this one far exceeds anything I know.

Hell amonth ago I was proud to figure out how to add events tab to arks command line

I have the server online so I can confirm it does indeed work.

Create a map. The default maps included with the editor have some issues (Ship lanes out of bounds, etc..) but if you zoom all the way out you will see the problems and can delete them)

Edit the redis config to change default password. Search for foobared and change the password to something else.

Use the batch file to start redis.

Let that sit in the background untouched

Export your map from the editor. It will create a export folder in the same directory with the JSON files but the servergrid folder will be empty.

Export the map image

export the cell images

drop cell/map images into the servergrid folder

drop the entire contents of the export folder into the shootergame directory for atlas

Edit the JSON files to reflect you needs and make sure the ports are all in order

Start the maps using the example given by Jatheish

I'm getting close to a working config. There are quite a few aspects to it unlike any other games I've done. You will need to make your own map in order to get the server started as one is not generated nor included with the server files.

As Crunkinshoe said you have to make the maps for the server in order to get the server up. Can confirm the server files work with the right setup.

Sounds like this game is a pain to host...

Ain't that the truth!

Does anyone know how I'd get the redis-server.exe associated with a specific game server to stop instead of stopping all redis servers with taskill redis-server.exe?

I know I can kill via PID but how would I get that specific PID? Thanks!

Been looking at Atlas too...

Not being too clued up on TCA... how does one launch a second 'required' executable?

I understand creating the 'game profile' and launching the game server.

In the case of Atlas: I assume Redis is in the Atlas files distro, if not add it to the TCAGames\Atlas folder. As part of the game profile setup the Redis config file with the appropriate variables. Then upon installation execute a script that renames the .exe and launches the redis-server.exe.

Any help understanding this process would be greatly appreciated.

This game is a pain in the [insert word here]

I engineered a method to start/stop redis based on pid rather than the sensible way of just renaming it.

Redis comes with Atlas files from steamcmd, yes create a script that runs before start to start up redis with your config file (use a different config name than the standard as it will be overwritten by steam) then use a after stop script to kill redis.