Atlas

CloudNine

I have redis and atlas all working fine. Just rename the redis to the service ID use a start and stop script for redis.

Rename....

@echo off

cd "%ThisService_WorkingDirectory%\AtlasTools\RedisDatabase"

ren redis-server.exe redis-server-%ThisService_ServiceId%.exe

Start.....

@echo off

cd "AtlasTools\RedisDatabase"

start redis-server-%ThisService_ServiceId%.exe ./redis.conf

Stop.....

taskkill /F /IM redis-server-%ThisService_ServiceId%.exe

All this has been said by other people. But no ones given the scripts. Hope it helps you guys.

I keep getting a connection timeout when trying to transfer between clustered servers hosted on different machines. The transfer works fine when all the servers are on the same machine. Is there some setting that needs to be changed when hosting on different machines?

make sure that the ports are +5 not incremental +1 and seamlessdataport should be allowed in the firewall/router as well.

ex.

Port 0000 for grid 1 and port 0005 for grid 2. Not 0001 and 0002.

Game port, same strategy.

Seamlessdataport could be incremental and all these ports should be allowed in the router/firewall so u need many ports to open.

Conclusion, each grid must have 3 ports to open. Gameport, Port and seamlessdataport.

Do it right and you will be good.

Good Luck

My ports are good and the grids are on completely different IPs. I can see all the servers are online and even connect directly to another server however I cannot transfer between them and get a timeout. This only happens with machines at different datacenters. When all servers are hosted on the same machine everything works fine. I have my Redis on a forward facing IP and not 127.0.0.1. Firewall is off for testing.

My ports are good and the grids are on completely different IPs. I can see all the servers are online and even connect directly to another server however I cannot transfer between them and get a timeout. This only happens with machines at different datacenters. When all servers are hosted on the same machine everything works fine. I have my Redis on a forward facing IP and not 127.0.0.1. Firewall is off for testing.

Give it a shot and set Redis to your public IP instead of local host then server only json configs of each server to that public IP since once you switch from grid to another, the other grid should still look for the same database. 127.0.0.1 is local host which means, only the grid which is hosted on the same machine of redis will connect to it. Hope i explained it well.

Distance has nothing to do with this terminology if its configured properly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok ill say it again. I have this fully working with no problems at all..

I have over 50 + servers running and the redis is a easy thing to do. I know not much about tcadmin but i was able work it all out. Do the following..

https://gyazo.com/417be0b0aa1615148bf59db85a25bfaf

im sure most of you know what goes in each one. I can not share my config but i really don't mind helping get your own working.

Edited by sparky81

• 1 month later...