ARK: Survival Evolved (Supports Clusters)

Dennis

Hi. Unfortunately, when creating a server, the following error message appears:

Method not found: "System.Management.Automation.PSDataCollection`1<System.Management.Automation.InformationRecord> System.Management.Automation.PSDataStreams.get_Information()".

Monitor Version: 2.0.161.0
Web Version: 2.0.161.0

E5yUKU3.png

I have not an existing config

Here the E-Mail

Task Information
Id: 27231
User: Administrators
Name: ARK:SE 100 Slots im Besitz von DRT_Support
Run Time: 11.03.2021 15:01:46 (UTC/GMT)
Step: ARK:SE 100 Slots (1 of 1)
Error: Methode nicht gefunden: "System.Management.Automation.PSDataCollection`1 System.Management.Automation.PSDataStreams.get_Information()".
Link: http://xxxxxxxx/Interface/TaskScheduler/TaskManager.aspx?taskid=27231

Log Details
Creating a ARK:SE server for DRT_Support on server MyLoc AMD RYZEN
Selected ip xxxxx and port xxxx
Building the command line
Searching for a file source
Downloading the file ark.zip
Extracting the file 197ea82a.zip (5,55 GB)
Writing the configuration files
Methode nicht gefunden: "System.Management.Automation.PSDataCollection`1<System.Management.Automation.InformationRecord> System.Management.Automation.PSDataStreams.get_Information()".

Edited by Gotteshand

The basic problem has been fixed thanks to Alexr03. It is mandatory to install the following Windows patch for Windows Server 2012 R.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54616

Windows Server 2012 R2 Win8.1AndW2K12R2-KB3191564-x64.msu

Does the cluster actually work across roots ? Because then you would have to share drive 😄 and mount it as a network drive at the other root or

The user is always the same for both servers.

C:\Users\TCAGame_DRT_Support\clusters\xxxxx

Server 1: IP: 123.121.121.111 ARK SERVER 1

Server 2: IP: 44.44.44 ARK SERVER 2

Character transfer is not possible

rJD2Jsf.png

Traveling from one server to another with different IP addresses does not work.

Hi.

So I tested it once TCAdmin doesn't seem to have enough rights to write to network drives. To test it I made my own commandline and started ARK outside of TCAdmin so with a Start.Bat file and then it also writes the cluster files to the network drive. How can I make it so that TCAdmin the user can read and write to a network drive.

The network drive was mounted on all root servers with the drive letter Z:

QHOEQkE.png

The master server of TCAdmin is on the following IP: 97.15.15.15 this is changed 😉

Commandline ARK 1: TheIsland?MultiHome=89.163.111.xxx?Port=7787?QueryPort=27025?RCONPort=27030?MaxPlayers=8?listen -ClusterDirOverride=Z:\ARK_Cluster -clusterid=xxx

Commandline ARK 2: TheCenter?MultiHome=89.163.135.xxx?Port=7807?QueryPort=27045?RCONPort=27050?MaxPlayers=8?listen -ClusterDirOverride=Z:\ARK_Cluster -clusterid=xxx

Means on the master server of TCAdmin there is a cluster folder which is accessible on all other roots but TCAdmin cannot access this folder.

As a user, I have shared everyone for testing in the Windows network share.

Hopefully I could express myself correctly where the problem lies but there must be a solution since I don't think anyone has 10 ARK servers running on a root to use clusters. I want to distribute the ARK servers on several roots

I thank you in advance for the first-class support from you and patience 😉

@Gotteshand out of the box, this config doesn't support using anything but the Cluster Path that TCAdmin sets. It doesn't support mounted drives. With customisations, you should be able to make it work, though.

Are you sure that the user running the service can write to Z:\ARK_Cluster?

@Dennis

Hi. Yes if I start the servers with a Start.bat outside of TCAdmin it works and you can root across the cluster. How can I give TCAdmin the rights to use mounted network drives ?

Z:\ARK_Cluster was only an example. In my case I have a network drive Z:\ because there are 

XXafrGF.png

Start.Bat D:\TCAFiles\Users\DRT_Support\182\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?MultiHome=89.163.xx.xx?Port=7787?QueryPort=27025?RCONPort=27030?MaxPlayers=8?listen -ClusterDirOverride=Z:\ARK_Cluster -clusterid=xxxx

When you start it outside of TCAdmin, you're most likely doing it as an administrator. Administrators will have access to read/write from the drive.

You will need to allow the services' users (TCAGame_UserName) access to the drive as well. This can be done by right clicking the folder > Properties > Security.

@Dennis

Hi. I have now given everything that has to do with TCAdmin the rights in the network yet TCAdmin does not write to the cluster drive. As soon as you want to travel across servers with the character you have to create a new one. 

bZWNrTY.png

TBRvqE6.png

TCADMIN_DRT_Support is the Created User

Edited by Gotteshand

• 3 weeks later...

ok noob here, just got the TCAdmin pro license (purchase) a couple weeks ago and i've always used the ARK Server Manager to run it, but since i got this, i wanted to integrate it (as a FRESH install) however i've never used a cluster, and never used a MySQL database.

i downloaded the config, imported it as update and overwrite per instructions. my TCAdmin panel is PRO version 2.0.163.0 and i ran the steam update. however when trying to start, i get this error:

Access denied for user 'USER_OMITTED'@'x.x.x.x' (using password: YES)

it appears as my SQL database password to my TCAdmin installation, which runs on my webhost server, and not the Master server.

I followed the instruction on the link in the 2nd post at the TCAdmin wiki for the SQL scripts as Global Scripts, and created the global variables as per the instructions (also created them as Game variables as well just in case and updated the game services). The SQL database the global scripts create is on the Master Server (not accessible to outside world, but is via LOCALHOST).

yet it still trying to access via the install credentials (and likely the install database).

ideas? or am i just doing it wrong? searching turned up nothing, tried that first...

On 4/5/2021 at 8:35 AM, Smolf said:

New questing.

How to get console to work, also if the server is down?

If the server is not running, you can't see the console. Console should work otherwise.

8 hours ago, DevilzEye1 said:

ideas? or am i just doing it wrong? searching turned up nothing, tried that first...

Do you have the MySQL Manager plugin installed?

I deleted the server and recreated it thinking the script would run properly in doing so and now I get this:

Log Details
Creating a ARK:SE server for public on server Master
Selected ip 172.16.1.10 and port 7797
Building the command line
Searching for a file source
Copying directory ark
Writing the configuration files
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I followed the instructions and updated the variables to include the proper credentials, but it's still attempting to use root instead of the user I set up for it, which is tcadmin_root

Edit: it's for a small community I run, not commercial, but at least now it's not trying to use my webhost MySQL creds... Then again, the instructions don't say what to do with "variable options" section so I left them untouched, and the preserve value is only available on the "game variable" and not on the "global variable" side

Edited by DevilzEye1

That's because TCAdmin doesn't update it for existing services. When you change a script that's executed by the Service Manager (like Before Created events), you'll need to click "Update existing services". Only then will the script use the values you changed.