ARK: Survival Evolved (Supports Clusters)

Dennis

13 hours ago, Gotteshand said:

With CrystalIsles it does not create slots at all and stops at 0/70 instead of 0/100

70 is the default amount of slots. If your server doesn't start correctly, it will start with 70 slots. Could you please post your command line here?

On 6/15/2020 at 12:57 AM, crunkinshoe said:

Yes I've set the commandline to custom and added crossplay however the server does not always allow connection in EGS. Sometimes it will connect and sometimes timeout. Has anyone else experienced this? I've done a lot of troubleshooting to no avail. It could be the EGS coding I suppose.

From some log file 'tailing', I found that if you removed the MultiHome=  from the commandline things work.

By default we use "MultiHome=$[Service.IpAddress]" where $[Service.IpAddress] corresponds to the internal IP address of the server, because it gets NAT'd by the firewall.

When the EGS client runs it looks for the server on what is in the commandline, verbatim... so "TheIsland?MultiHome=192.168.1.100?Port=7777....etc"  Because it cannot use 192.168.1.100.. things fail

Proof of this can be found in \Program Files\Epic Games\ARKSurvivalEvolved\ShooterGame\Saved\Logs\ShooterGame.log

Not sure what the Ark devs changed between 311.94 and 311.99...but it broke things..

What's New in Version 1.4.0  

• 'Wait for Exit' changed set to 2
  • Fully working cluster setup - no manual work needed anymore
  • Script added to create the cluster folder and grant all the user's services permissions to that folder (Thanks @LFA)

Cluster settings should be defined through the command line. For clusters to work, they must be having the same path the cluster and cluster ID.

• 2 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.4.1  

• Linux config included! Both configs should be
    • Script added that sets OS variable to Linux (to get correct path to configuration files)
  • Workshop scripts have been modified to account for integer overflow
  • phpMyAdmin Link deleted (use MySQL Manager instead)
  • Removed unnecessary updates (scripts)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I create new ark servers they make there own service folders. Should I put the cluster folder in the same directory as the service folders shown in the photo? This is in /home/1.PNG.f5a9215f1b00cc375065f7b11f0072e4.PNG

Solved

Edited by Omni
Solved

5 hours ago, Omni said:

When I create new ark servers they make there own service folders. Should I put the cluster folder in the same directory as the service folders shown in the photo?

Everything should be handled by the config. You don't need to specify a direct path - just enter whatever you want the folder name to be, and TCAdmin would create it in the correct place.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I have rebuilt my system and wanted to use this Config, thank you at this point times for this Config It facilitates the creation of ARK servers enormously. But now I have problems the server does not start. Comes immediately an error message that the service could not be started when I write a start bat file starts the server.

12/13/2020 11:50:38    TCAdmin.ServiceManLib    System.Exception: Could not start the process.
   bei TCAdmin.ServiceManLib.WindowsProcessController.a()d

Unfortunately I do not get more info from the logs

6iBFmuJ.png

During a SteamUpdate the following message appears

ERROR! Failed to install app '376030' (Missing file permissions)

With my old ARK Config it works

bLycJrV.png

Edited by Gotteshand