Rust - Automatic wipe/update, Oxide, Plugin Installer

Dennis

7 minutes ago, hz32 said:

@DennisOkey i see. But we cannot join the server with staging branch version. It just says "Server update required" when trying to join the server.

Okay, I'll need some time before I can release an update. I can see that the "Switch Branch" script will only work on Windows.

The current script only works with the old way of switching branch - now it's no longer a branch, it's a seperate game. You need to own Rust in order to download the staging files. I'll see how I can fix this.

What's New in Version 1.3.5  

• [Changed] Rcon Protocol is now RustWeb on Linux (sorry!)
  • [Fixed] "Switch Branch" script did not work. Switching to Staging requires you to enter the credentials of a Steam Account that owns Rust in the "Steam Settings" tab
  • [Removed] "steambranch" variable

What's New in Version 1.3.5  

Reupload, previous config had issues.

• [Changed] Rcon Protocol is now RustWeb on Linux (sorry!)
  • [Fixed] "Switch Branch" script did not work.
  • [Removed] "steambranch" variable

Please reinstall 1.3.5 if you already have it installed.

It's currently a mess switching between branches as the server would constantly see itself as updated. This update should fix that.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Dennis said:

There's already an option that sets a random seed. If you don't tick that, it won't replace the current seed.

thanks the supper fast reply!

I mean. I like to add the next seed for the wipe 5 days before, can there be a seed list where you can add what seed/s you want?

What's New in Version 1.3.6  

• [Improvement] Make sure that server is stopped during 'Update uMod after Steam Update'
  • [New] It's now possible to set a custom map from the Config Editor (check 'Use custom map' and specify a URL in 'Level URL')
  • [Removed] HapisIsland

• 3 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.4.0  

• [Changed] Wipe Script
    • [Added] Option to specify additional files that should be deleted during each wipe. This supports wildcards (*)
    • [Added] Option to specify a list of seed to be used for wipes.
      • [Added] When a seed is used, it can be removed automatically from the list

• 3 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.4.1  

• [Fixed] Server would not start again when using "Wipe on Rust Wipe day" if uMod was installed
  • [Fixed] Stopping the server could in some cases not work properly. A timeout has now been set for the rcon command that shuts down the server.
  • [Fixed] XML errors in custom query script

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dennis!

Was wondering why this may be occurring. When a client attempts to remove multiple settings via the wipe script in the oxide folder, it presents the error "The value entered is not valid" If one entry is done, it works as it should.

Here is what is being entered:

oxide/data/Kits/player_data.json
oxide/data/ServerRewards/player_data.json

Edited by KnightHawk201
edit

Awesome work @DennisI am just wondering if you've thought about adding in an option for Automatic Scheduled Server Restarts With In-Game Notification / Warning Messages (Server Will Restart In 10 Minutes), (Server Will Restart In 5 Minutes),  (Server Will Restart In 1 Minute) etc?

Keep up the great work m8, I don't think I've ever seen a TCA community member offer so much value to the community before, it's always been every host for themselves and it's extremely refreshing to see someone break the Status Quo.

Edited by 1GServerHost
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, with the "Shutdown service properly" custom script there is an error which seems to prevent the script from running at all

I'm using the latest version

Here is the error:

static property 'TimeOut' of 'rconClient' can only be assigned to through a type, not an instance

• 3 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.4.7  

You will need to have TCAdmin 2.0.173.6 or later installed for this to work.
See how to update here: https://help.tcadmin.com/Updating

After updating the config, please go to System > Settings > Game & Other Voice Servers > Rust and click "Update existing services".

• [Fixed] Script to move log files
  • [Changed] Log files are now moved during BeforeStarted instead of AfterStopped
  • [Changed] Server now writes to logs\latest.log

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Gardiny said:

Hey, how it works guys ? its absolutely ignore config changes, rcon password change.. everything ... anyone using this config ? its looks like unusable 

It works fine from here. If your making config changes, make sure the service is stopped.

• 3 weeks later...