Rust - Automatic wipe/update, Oxide, Plugin Installer

Dennis

On 9/29/2020 at 11:50 PM, Dennis said:

Update/wipe automatically on wipe day:

1. Create a new scheduled task
  2. Select 'Wipe on Rust Wipe Day'
  3. Configure the task to run once per day
  4. Configure the task under "Script Parameters"

The task needs to run every day. The task is not doing something, unless it's the first Thursday of the month.

Should i let it run a specific time of the day or can i run it for every 15 min or so?

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Mango said:

Any way we can add an option for steam and umod update to server wipe script? Like where we check off BP wiping and use random map seed. 

That has been possible for a long time. Make sure that you're on the latest version of the config and tick "Update server" in the task.

• 3 months later...

What's New in Version 1.8.0  

Existing services will need to have their query port and rcon port updated manually.

Remember to click "Update Existing Services" after updating the config.

49 minutes ago, Dennis said:

What's New in Version 1.8.0  

Existing services will need to have their query port and rcon port updated manually.

Remember to click "Update Existing Services" after updating the config.

Hello. When trying to install I'm getting this error.  Unable to install - The 'rcon_port_expression' start tag on line 96 position 6 does not match the end tag of 'query_port_expression'. Line 96, position 52.

Never seend this one before.

2023-02-02_22h36_34.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2023 at 5:02 PM, Nervo said:

Whenever I try to install the server, I get this error message. 
Using the latest version for windows.

Capture.PNG

I had this same issue on Windows Server 2022.    I was able to get around it by going into the C:\TCAFiles\Games folder, found the "download_rust.bat" file and then I right-clicked and used the "Run as administrator" option.   After that finished downloading, I went back into TCAdmin and went thru the normal process of adding the service and it worked fine.

• 2 months later...

Hey Dennis

I am hoping you can resolve a long standing issue for me
Sometimes a clients server stalls, then pressing STOP on tcadmin does nothing, just spins and spins and spins.

The only way I am able to then stop the server is by RDPing and killing the process. 

I have looked at your custom scripts and I mean you seem to have a ton of "after stopped" but it seems the server isnt stopping for those scripts to work.

Do you think maybe a custom script/icon with a "Force STOP" to at least kill the process would work? cause if I can just give a way for a client to force stop the server if the stop button fails then the "After stopped" scripts will kick in and help.

Do you think this would work and how would such a script look?

Hi @Rislem

I've seen the issue before but I haven't found a way to reproduce it consistently. I have a feeling that it is caused by the "Shutdown service properly" script (which is ironic, I know 😅).

I haven't seen the issue for a long time, though. Are you using the latest version of the game template?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dennis I used a force stop button nice loop around for me

The next thing I am having issues with whenever a client changes anything in the settings.cfg file it does not merge with server.cfg or it only merges onces and never again.

Is there a way I can check logs to why? Also is there any reason why the settings isnt just directly changed in server.cfg ?

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2023 at 6:14 PM, Rislem said:

Thanks Dennis I used a force stop button nice loop around for me

The next thing I am having issues with whenever a client changes anything in the settings.cfg file it does not merge with server.cfg or it only merges onces and never again.

Is there a way I can check logs to why? Also is there any reason why the settings isnt just directly changed in server.cfg ?

In the plugin, under File System Permissions you are able to change the read/write options for a user.

After changing this they could use text editor or config editor and it updates.

Edited by Kwasi_moto

• 5 weeks later...