Rust - Automatic wipe/update, Oxide, Plugin Installer

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, 

I find that this script here breaks the config completely. With this enabled was seeing an error in which if you had text editor and config editor enabled regardless of if read variable value from config was enabled it'll wipe any values the user has set via the text editor. Also caused an error on install in which the seed,worldsize and map type showed as null. 

Thank you,

Aaron S

1. $ipy<%
  2. if ThisService.Variables.GetValue("UseCustomMap") == "True":
  3. ReturnValue = "server.levelurl {}".format(ThisService.Variables.GetValue("levelurl"))
  4. else:
  5. ReturnValue = "server.level \"{}\"\nserver.seed {}\nserver.worldsize {}".format(ThisService.Variables.GetValue("level"), ThisService.Variables.GetValue("seed"), ThisService.Variables.GetValue('mapsize'))
  6. %>

What's New in Version 1.5.0  

After updating, please click "Update existing services" in the Rust config.

• Changed] The game service is now configured using settings.cfg and additionalsettings.cfg to fix a small issue. These files will be merged to server.cfg before the server starts
    • settings.cfg can now only be edited using the configuration editor
    • additionalsettings.cfg can only be edited using the text editor. This file is for settings that are not defined in settings.cfg

@mspsmuge this should fix your issue.

What's New in Version 1.5.3  

After updating/installing this config, please go to System > Settings > Games & Other Voice Servers > Rust and click "Update existing services".

• [Fixed] "Wipe Server" script didn't work unless "Use random seed" was enabled

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, userunknown said:

Ok well I updated to this and it broke steam update. It's ok I saved original and restored it all is good.

As Dennis said. This config has nothing to do with the steam update feature. It utilises the feature which is built into tcadmin as standard so the issue lays elsewhere eg steam itself. firewall blocking steam download port etc 

• 1 month later...

@Smolf the Windows configuration works just fine on my end. Version 1.5.4 of the config file only affects Windows servers.

If you cannot start or stop the service, you can try starting the service outside of TCAdmin: https://help.tcadmin.com/Troubleshooting_Game_and_Voice_Services

Also, remember to click "Update existing services" after installing an update to the game configuration.

37 minutes ago, Dennis said:

@Smolf the Windows configuration works just fine on my end. Version 1.5.4 of the config file only affects Windows servers.

If you cannot start or stop the service, you can try starting the service outside of TCAdmin: https://help.tcadmin.com/Troubleshooting_Game_and_Voice_Services

Also, remember to click "Update existing services" after installing an update to the game configuration.

Thank you, we will look into it.

What's New in Version 1.6.0  

• [Changed] Rust now requires "Half-Life 2 new (UTF8)" (a2sutf8) query protocol instead of "Half-Life 2 new" (a2s). The custom query script has been updated to allow queries to work.

Please, no more messages about query issues with 1.6.0. The recent Rust update broke TCAdmin's ability to send queries to that game consistently. I'm aware of it but there's currently no way for me to fix this right now.

As a workaround, you can disable query failure detection under "Query Monitoring" in the game settings.

And again: Please don't report query issues for this version of the config. I'm aware that it doesn't work. It can't be fixed currently.

@conceptr980 that issue is related to the Steam Badges module, not this config. It has been an issue with that module for a while now.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:39 PM, conceptr980 said:

Hello ..

starting from the last config version, whenever i try to modify any variable i get the following message even though it do save after refresh:

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 21-35-18 POT Gaming - headerimage.png

Make sure that you're on the latest version of TCAdmin.