Modernbill Announcement

ECF

To answer ChrisOlver's question

Source code will be encoded with Zend/ionCube on the ModernBill side, and will be compiled into a DLL file on the TCAdmin side.

Any other questions?

Thats the one which has caught me... wouldnt it (for customization purposes) leave it unencrypted? For example we want to add a system in where if a user orders a 12 slot server for mohaa they get a free teamspeak.. now viewing the code which does the normal auto setup and modifiying it with a dirty statement we could technically make it do it quite easily.

In alot of ways, the intergration looks like it will be the dogs bollocks but it unfortuantly looks like it will be a bit locked down for editing and modification purposes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris, you could code your own system right now with what is available. If I released the source code, my code would be readily available for anyone to copy, with no kickback for the hours I have spent developing it.

Everything on the TCAdmin side will be compiled into a DLL, meaning you will not have access to the source. Since at this point, the TCAdmin side of the solution is not documented, and is encrypted, there is no reason in my mind to release the modernbill side of the source code.

LFA doesn't want his TCAdmin code taken, and I do not want my TCAdmin plugin code taken. Simple as that.

i thought tcadmin where paying you to do this? Even so if someone is going to nick your code.. to do what? Make it work with another version of tcadmin...

Your script is only going to work with TCadmin and there is no other controlpanel like tcadmin which works in the same system..

Coding a HTTP post module {edited for ad content} took me about 4 hours. So it's nothing exciting.

I think you guys are taking the long approach to this.

Use the modernbill Package Variable system (which I wrote :smile:) to pass setup variables to TCAdmin. Given the Modernbill mySQL username and password, I do not see why TCAdmin could not auto-create these variables also via a Modernbill Configuration tool within TCAdmin. Each package variable has an external identifier, which can be linked directly to configuration variables.

Incoming Order..

> User: sammy

> Pass: samspass

> Packvar[1]["gameid"] = 1

> Packvar[1]["external_id"] = ServerName

> Packvar[1]["value"] = Sammy's house of pain

Take the data and use fopen() to post it to the TCAdmin API.

Along those lines bob, you could create a generic API that could be sold in a much broader scope.

-Luke

i thought tcadmin where paying you to do this? Even so if someone is going to nick your code.. to do what? Make it work with another version of tcadmin...

Your script is only going to work with TCadmin and there is no other controlpanel like tcadmin which works in the same system..

The general code created could be taken by another person and easily modified to work with another system. Since we seem to have a copy cat on our backs, we don't want to offer them up free code so to speak.

If it were incredibly simple, someone would have implemented a system by themselves already. The tools are there. The theory is very simple, but the actual implementation is not. There are a lot of common variables between TCAdmin and ModernBill as well.

I find it kind of interesting that there are plenty of people that are quick to jump to the conclusion that all of this is "simple", but yet nobody has made their own system. Not a flame, just an observation.

Wait a sec, as ECF and LFA knows we made a simple module for TCadmin intergration for WHM autopilot which to be honest wasnt the hardest of coding. In alot of ways it was just a matter of simple variables working together to intergrate the system.

So wouldnt say no one has put this into practice. There are a few other people here who have interated there own billing systems.

<div class="pre"><pre>

The general code created could be taken by another person and easily modified to work with another system. Since we seem to have a copy cat on our backs, we don't want to offer them up free code so to speak.</pre></div>

Sorry Kev, but no other controlpanel works like your system or uses a system at all like yourself.

Sorry Kev, but no other controlpanel works like your system or uses a system at all like yourself.

The modernbill plugin can easily be used for other control panels. All it does is send the game id, slot and account info to a webpage.

Here is another reason why we will never make any source code available. :lol:

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBi dRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=341887

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

What I want is an exact, fully functional 1:1-copy of the commercial panel that you can see under http://www.tcadmin.com. All functions except billing tools/functions mentioned there must be included.

</td></tr></table>

If we release some source code that would read something like

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

What I want is an exact, fully functional 1:1-copy of the commercial panel that you can see under http://www.tcadmin.com. If you want to have an idea on how it works internally I can provide some source code.

</td></tr></table>

Little update from the moderbill front. We orignally had planned to have Bob code as an external plugin for a fee. However, after speaking with modernbill and having Luis take a look at it we have decided to code this in-house, and release this as a standard update to our system.

We sincerely thank Bob for all his efforts :grin: And he will be our very first beta tester of the modernbill integration :razz:

Luis has finished 90% of the code. We are now setting up servers automatically from the modernbill orderform. And are able to disable for non-payment and delete etc..

However, after speaking with Luis he decided that this is just not enough to live up to the TCAdmin standard of features. So he went and added automated voice server setup and a host of configuration variables.

Also we have decide to take it a step further and add load balancing and other methods of configration so clients can specify which box certain games get loaded onto. And to further the possibilities, he is currently working on adding service level pricing so clients can have different tiers of say bandwidth or server quality.

I bet people will like the price too :p/quote]

I hope the price is $0... As much money as we have put down so far for everything, I doubt the pocketbook would allow for anything more.

On the other part of the statement, I dont care about source code as long as you ioncube encode it:)

Archived