Modernbill Announcement

ECF

It took a little bit longer than we planned due to Luis including more than just automated game setup. Basically everything that we currently have on the automation screen will be availible in the module.

So not only will you be able to setup game and voice servers, you can also setup the game switcher at the same time as the order. Also you will be able to setup individual voice servers with it as well if needed.

The load balancer will take care of where to put the servers, and modernbill will take care of tracking payments, and sending the disable command when the client does not pay.

As you all know, I am very anti automated anything. But with the load balancing and a skilled host at the wheel of this module, it should be a huge time saver on both the ordering end and the billing end. It can also delete the server after X amount of days without a payment.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we going to be able to say we want these games on these servers, etc? Like, taking the tickrate stuff into account... I dont want to put a non 'boosted' server on one of my boosted boxes (ones running media player, etc). Im fine with not having auto-setup turned on (as I like to do manual fraud screening), but being able to tell modern bill to put them on mars instead of earth would be goood.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

As you all know, I am very anti automated anything

</td></tr></table>

erm am i having a blonde moment again but isnt that the point of many of TCadmin's features?

The reason I am against this type of automation is for 2 reasons.

1. Without proper configuration and monitoring it can do more damage then good.

2. We do not want our product becoming a GSP in a box solution that would allow every kiddie to start a GSP.

While it may bring in revenue, the money is a revolving door. 1 in and 1 out. And I hate when people start a GSP and tire of it a few months later when they realise that it really isn't making anything. Most of them simply disappear, often owing money to their clients. Not to mention their clients now have to find another place to host with.

Other than that, I think automation such as this is a great step forward for valid GSPs :razz:

can schedule when it is install then I see no reason to not use it.

I think can configure modernbill to run the server queue at a spcific time and also run it manually if you verify each order before setting up the client.

Are we going to be able to say we want these games on these servers, etc? Like, taking the tickrate stuff into account... I dont want to put a non 'boosted' server on one of my boosted boxes (ones running media player, etc). Im fine with not having auto-setup turned on (as I like to do manual fraud screening), but being able to tell modern bill to put them on mars instead of earth would be goood.

You have 2 possible ways to configure this:

1- In the server settings for each server you have the option to select which games will be installed automaticaly on that server. So if you have boosted game servers and nonboosted game servers under different supported game entries you can select where you want each game type to be installed.

2- You can set the service level to 0 in servers where you want nonboosted game servers to be installed and to 1 where you want boosted servers to be installed. When you configure your package you set the tcadmin_game_level variable to 1/0 when needed.

I agree ECF and I think why I have such a bad thing towards it too, I hate the feeling of "hands off" I need to have control and monitoring over my products and systems just to make sure everything is good to go. Plus it gives me time to verify all orders manually and assure they are valid. But when the module comes out if there is a place that I can approve the order before it automatically installs itself that would be excellent or to schedule it. I will feel better about the whole automated thing

side note: kiddie gsp's *shudder* I had a run in with one the other day. posing as one of his clients and spamming an unreal tournament forum which i am a part of about how his server got low pings and how great of a company they were with....turns out it was the sales guy!

Modernbill offers some great third party fraud prevention tools as well. I know it all comes down to dollars and sense each month with many people. But loosing your merchant account to too many fraudulent orders is not a good thing. Of course common sense goes a long way. A simple tracert of the IP that placed the order will catch many frauds. Basically if they order was placed from outside the US with a credit card with a US address, red flags should go up. Also setting MB to NOT allow free email addresses is another deterent against these types of orders.

thats pretty much what I do now but I was looking at getting into fraud guardian and that type of thing. Right now I just compare ip's to physical location and go from there. Fraud to me isnt a joke and I definately take it seriously thats part of the reason for a manual install/server que run

OK here's one of my concerns.

We currently us MB for our web hosting aswell as taking the orders for our game and teamspeak services. I'm asuming that I would need to add the I.P.'s of the game and teamspeak servers to the I.P. pool. If this is the case would the module know the difference between the I.P.'s for the web hosting to the ones for the game and Teamspeak servers?

If it has no way of telling the difference we would have to get a second licence for mb.

Well folks the time has come :razz: No less than 10 minutes ago I submitted my order into our modernbill system for a 16 slot Day of Defeat Source server along with a matching Teamspeak server. 6 minutes later I received my welcome emails telling me that my servers were up :grin:

It appears as though Mr.LFA has done it again!

We will continue to test and double test this great new feature throughout this week, along with getting it out to the beta group for them to test. If everything works out ok, we will then release it to the general client base.

Just to keep you folks updated on the modernbill stuff. I spoke with Bob last night, and he had allready taken an order with the new system and everything worked 100%.

We are still ironing out a couple minor details with modernbill. I will be speaking to them today reguarding them.

Just wanted to keep you all informed on the progress :grin:

Our testers have made a few change requests to add some more variables to the system. LFA says they should be done this week. Once completed, we will be asking for more testers to install the beta and give it a whirl.

We will post once the changes have been completed.

Archived