Modernbill Announcement

ECF

What do I need to start doing to get tcadmin & mb synced up with users and such before rollout? Billing ID matches to what? the MB User id (ie, the first customer that signed up with you is 1... etc)? I just rather start entering/getting it synced now, while I have some time, than in a week or more when it will be released.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billing ID will be the MB user ID. However, before creating packages you muxt have the TCAdmin mod installed so you can assign the variables for it in each package.

For preexisting customers. You can fill in their MB ID into the billing ID for the users in TCA.

You don't have to recreate anything. You will just have to add the TCAdmin attributes to each package according to what you want the package to do when it is purchased. create a game server with id TCXXXXXXXX with X slots , voice servers, switching, etc.

Just keeping you guys about about the MB integration. LFA says the additons that were requested by our testers should be done sometime monday. After that we need to make some help docs, and we can start releasing it to a larger group of testers.

Anyone looking to lease a modernbill license can so through TCAdmin if you like.

We have 2 leased licenses availible for the modernbill software.

1. Modernbill Lite - which allows up to 50 clients $15.00/mo

2. Modernbill Unlimited - allowing unlimited clients $22.00/mo

Anyone looking to purchase modernbill's software will need to do so directly from moderngigabyte.

Here is their pricing page link:

http://www.moderngigabyte.net/modernbill/order.htm?ref=mb_h_ 14

I know this feature set is taking longer than others, but when it comes to fully automated setup, we do not want to chance anything. Thanks for being patient.

So I'm not using MB at all at this time. Do I just lease the licence through TCAdmin and will be the same as if I leased through MB themselves or How would I use it if I bought a owned licence through MB

Just keeping you guys about about the MB integration. LFA says the additons that were requested by our testers should be done sometime monday. After that we need to make some help docs, and we can start releasing it to a larger group of testers.

Anyone looking to lease a modernbill license can so through TCAdmin if you like.

Anyone looking to purchase modernbill's software will need to do so directly from moderngigabyte.

I know this feature set is taking longer than others, but when it comes to fully automated setup, we do not want to chance anything. Thanks for being patient.

ahhh that makes sense, well cool then! do you guys ever plan on getting into the support side of things as well like kayako and cerberus

Both of the above mentioned products integrate with mdoernbill.

So I'm not using MB at all at this time. Do I just lease the licence through TCAdmin and will be the same as if I leased through MB themselves or How would I use it if I bought a owned licence through MB

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">ECF wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 17:08</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

</td></tr></table>

The resold licenses that we offer give a very small discount off the retail prices that you would get from modernbill. The one thing resold license do offer is the Lite version which modernbill does not directly off.

Regardless of who you get your license from, the integration with TCAdmin will work. So you do not need to lease from us to have the integration.

ahhh that makes sense, well cool then! do you guys ever plan on getting into the support side of things as well like kayako and cerberus

You can integrate these support system into modernbill, or if you like you can link them within TCAdmin as well. I dug about this thread that Luis posted.

http://www.tcadmin.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=581& start=0&rid=2

I think you were the one to initially asked for this, but I figured I would post this for everyone's benefit.

I gotcha. I have been kicking around this client documentation for a while as most of you have noticed. I have found a few problems to overcome.

1. Everyone wants it branded to their company. Which I am not going to create for each individual company. The only way I can see around it is to create a generic icon in our test panel and make the movies off that. But for people that want their own logo in it would need to purchase the movie software to edit the files. Even then, you can't edit out the logo without using another program such as Photoshop.

2. I have noticed a lot of clients don't use many of the advanced features such as mod installer, map installer etc..

If we create a library of help movies, we would of course include all the features. This will have clients asking their provider why the movies differ from what they see in their panel as far as functionality.

blah blah blah ... :shock:

Hmm I think we are getting off subject here :roll: but as too problem 2 you listed ecf, couldn't this be handled by seporate movies for each function then the service provider only link/activates/whatever to the ones they use. Yea the demos might have some icons showing that there clients don't have. But I donn't think this should cuase to much problem. Just tell the client that icon doesn't apply to there setup since they can't see it in action :lol:

I'd be quite happy with a generic branding and I would just put mine over it it would just be cool not to have to do it myself :cool:

I think you are right, we should put this in the other thread. :roll:

Dido.

You can always make your own. we've done this with very little time, effort and money invoveled for all the services we offer. You only need to cover the basics at first as this is what most support calls are for then add to it as you have time.

OK folks, the new modernbill update has been released. I now have to get with Luis and go over the new modernbill variables so I can create the help docs for it.

Installation is very simple, and configuration within modernbill is also very simple. The only real configuration that has to be done is with the packages within modernbill. You will need to add the tcadmin variables to them.

A special thank you to Bob Bryant and DougK94 for helping with the alpha testing and providing input on how to make it even better :razz:

Once the help docs are completed, we will be contacting individuals who were interested in testing.

**This version only includes the ioncube encoded files. Anyone using Zend encoding will need to wait until we get the Zend encoded files.**

Oh, we have Ion cube installed but we choose the zend.. So let me get this right, I can use the ION cub version with zend fine?

That is what I am doing with no problems at all :razz:

And I might add that the MB integration works GREAT. It as is TCA, is very flexible with the way you set it up and use it.

The TCA gang did ANOTHER SUPER job. :razz:

Archived