New Wolfenstein PC

attack1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any game can be run as a dedicated server, You just need to know how it operates. How do you think we did it before tcadmin came along ;P

Some games have to be run with the user in the game, i.e. Rainbow Six Las Vegas before they released the server files. That is not a dedicated server. Some people post wanting game configs and the game can not operate in as a dedicated server. If what you are saying is true then every single game out there can be hosted.

The PC version of the game has a dedicated server executable and server launcher application with more advanced settings, including whether the game will start automatically once the server fills up with a set number of players, or if it must be started manually by an admin.

Some games have to be run with the user in the game, i.e. Rainbow Six Las Vegas before they released the server files. That is not a dedicated server. Some people post wanting game configs and the game can not operate in as a dedicated server. If what you are saying is true then every single game out there can be hosted.

I don't want to start a debate as this is off topic already but If you remember correctly we were able to offer both RB6-Vegas and vegas 2 before the standalone files were released.. I can give you more examples but my brain is fried from too much sun today ;)

Well there doesn't seem to be much info on anything multiplayer related yet - I am assuming we will need to upload the files from the game disk to get a server running.

As the UK doesn't get it until Friday, I would be grateful if anybody could host the files in advance and supply a working config for it :)

We wouldn't be allowed to host the files (we got the files at 12 am from walmart :p) , we are working on the config as we speak but ran into a stupid error we are trying to sort out.

Should have a config for you guys shortly.

We are getting this error:

sys_deffaultuserpath: SHGetFolderPath on CSIDL_PERSONAL failed

Note when we launch it directly from our shortcut the server works but when trying to use via tcadmin we get the above error.

Did you get this fixed Derek? Until I get my hands on the files/config I am unable to help :(

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use