Valheim 1.1

Gotteshand

2 hours ago, markmorris1 said:

No you can add a environment var to Windows too. A quick google, this has been confirmed to work. I will try around 6PM tonight, im at work right now. If you get it working, please share.

We won't be taking this route as we will be waiting for the commandline parameter to set the world path, but please share your results after testing 🙂

Edited by Spillvert.no
high latency between brain and fingers

1 minute ago, Spillvert.no said:

We won't be taking this route as we will be waiting for the commandline parameter to set the world path.

Yeah its not the best and i dont personally like it. Having a command line option would be loads better, but i doubt they will add it now if its not already there. Seems like a common sense thing to do. Even when i wrote my own small game, the server had the ability to change data path.

I'm still hopeful though.

I tested the new command -savedir and added it to this config and its pretty much straight forward, here it is:

-nographics -batchmode -name "$[HostName]" -port $[Service.GamePort] -savedir $[Service.RootDirectory]Saved -world "![World]" -password "secret" -public ![Public]

I used a folder called saved so it wont mess the game root with the saved worlds ... etc

I hope that help 🙂

Edited by conceptr980

7 hours ago, conceptr980 said:

I saw that in their recent patch changelog today. Does anyone tested the commandline with -savedir and share it ??

-savedir $[Service.RootDirectory]\world_name

or ???

Savedir works for us, I just have it set to the game server's root path and it's been working. It throws the worlds folder right into the game server's root directory so it's easily accessed by customers.

Edited by Jimmy-CS

On 2/9/2021 at 6:09 AM, markmorris1 said:

No you can add a environment var to Windows too. A quick google, this has been confirmed to work. I will try around 6PM tonight, im at work right now. If you get it working, please share.

Start it with a batch file. valheim_server.bat:

set XDG_CONFIG_HOME=%CD%\Worlds
valheim_server.exe %*

i have ran the serve manuially but its showing 64 slots not 10 how can i fix this. i have made sure password is correct by adding 12345 123456 nd lol123 to test and still nothing same with TCAdmin loads fine shows in server lst with steam but not in game itself and steam shows 64 slots

1 hour ago, numpty said:

i have ran the serve manuially but its showing 64 slots not 10 how can i fix this. i have made sure password is correct by adding 12345 123456 nd lol123 to test and still nothing same with TCAdmin loads fine shows in server lst with steam but not in game itself and steam shows 64 slots

I believe it is a bug their end. My servers would crash if slots set to 10, had to put max at 64, then had default at 10. This also stop the game crashing 5 mins into running (always had error that slots had been changed)

I believe it is a bug their end. My servers would crash if slots set to 10, had to put max at 64, then had default at 10. This also stop the game crashing 5 mins into running (always had error that slots had been changed)

Thx will give a try. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else seeing a issue where changes to the commandline parameters on a server is not read by the server?

The initial settings will be used, but if trying to change worldname / servername on a server that has gone full cycle, the server will still start with the old name and worldname. 

E.g You are staring a brand new server with parameters: 

-name "MyServer1" -world "MyServer1"

Then stop the server and change the startup parameters to:

-name "MyServer2" -world "MyServer2"

After the server has started, it still runs the world MyServer1 (no MyServer2 world file is even created) and the name is still MyServer1 ?

If running the server from a bat file, however, and make the same changes to that bat file - the changes are read every time.

I fail to see the logic here.