Valheim 1.1

Gotteshand

1 hour ago, crunkinshoe said:

Anyone else getting complaints of world corruption after the most recent game patch?

Yes, and this is a "groundbreaking" bug, and has been around for some time now. It has still not been fixed. Reasons, unknown atm.

https://gamerant.com/valheim-world-reset-delete-error-bug/

Why i suggest to do world backups, often :]

You might try to recover
WORLDNAME.db.old (i have not tested this). In main menu, in the bottom left, you have a log window. Click it and rename it to "WORLDNAME.db" and removing the current WORLDNAME.db (don't delete it tho, copy it to somewhere else). However, this file might be outdated, but it might at least save you something. Yet again, i have not tested it, but it seems logical. There might be other workarounds as well, but not that i know of at this time.

EDIT: It's confirmed that renaming WORLDNAME.db.old to the current WORLDNAME.db and removing the newest world file is a viable option for corrupted/deleted worlds, to save at least some progress. For the time being there are no fix to corrupted worlds, except from backups.

loglog.png

Edited by Sukkerpups

9 hours ago, Spillvert.no said:

After updating to 160.18, all our games lost their default variables https://gyazo.com/ca6396328d8a7777348e868b2d355813

Re-adding the default variables reverts to disabled after settings are saved. And all settings done to them reverts to zero.

So yeah, the update basically broke most games' commandline parameters on our platform.

Trying to revert back to 160.0 now.

Update: Rolling the master back to 160.0 solved the issue for us. All default command line parameters (and their default values, descriptions, regex etc.) was fortunately not lost.

I think this is a bug with the grid. If you click on the refresh button it will load the values.

9 hours ago, crunkinshoe said:

Anyone else getting complaints of world corruption after the most recent game patch?

I'm sure it's a server restart that caused the data loss. Developers changed the autosave interval to 20mins from 30 mins and included a new console command of "save" which forces a world save.

4 hours ago, Jimmy-CS said:

I'm sure it's a server restart that caused the data loss. Developers changed the autosave interval to 20mins from 30 mins and included a new console command of "save" which forces a world save.

You're correct that server restarts before a save causes data loss, but you also have multiple bugs with corrupted world files. You have corrupted files that deletes world it self. One of the bugs of the corrupted worlds aren't caused by server restarts within the 20 min timeframe. All the enteties in the world is deleted and gone (npc's, buildings, trees etc), and the only thing that is left is dirt/ground, water and grass, and these bugs can happen at random, even tho they are somewhat rare. Without "daily" or automatic world backups you might actually save corrupted worlds to your current world data save, since it can happen at random without server restarts, and this is unfixable and the backup is the only option you have to restore progress. Devs don't know what causes this, but lets hope they fix it soon.

Edited by Sukkerpups

9 hours ago, LFA said:

I think this is a bug with the grid. If you click on the refresh button it will load the values.

Yes it will, but all values has reverted to defaults. And even if you try to save one of the default values, the saved settings are also reverted.

I did not try this outside MVC as there was no time to debug this on the production platform.

9 hours ago, Spillvert.no said:

Yes it will, but all values has reverted to defaults. And even if you try to save one of the default values, the saved settings are also reverted.

I did not try this outside MVC as there was no time to debug this on the production platform.

This should be fixed in 2.0.160.19

I am unable to run multiple servers. The second one that starts returns some status error.
I have multiple IPs I can select to run the server on but I've read Valheim uses the default IP.
I'm unable to configure the port to anything other than 2456.

Edit: Got it figured out. I wasn't able to configure the port in the initial setup, but I could do so in the Server Settings after initial setup. I can run on any port and any IP.

Edited by PolarKC

I am unable to run multiple servers. The second one that starts returns some status error.
I have multiple IPs I can select to run the server on but I've read Valheim uses the default IP.
I'm unable to configure the port to anything other than 2456.

Edit: Got it figured out. I wasn't able to configure the port in the initial setup, but I could do so in the Server Settings after initial setup. I can run on any port and any IP.

Look at config. In up abs ports. Ensure only use default ports is unticked to set your own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are there others who have problems with people not being able to find their server in the game?

Hundreds probably as server list in game only shows approx 4500 yet there are about 19000 probably. So it’s pot luck if it shows. I just use steam server tool and join from there works a treat. Does show 64 slots. Unless that’s been fixed. Have not checked changelog yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, volborg said:

are there others who have problems with people not being able to find their server in the game?

Two easy steps to see server on game serverlist. (if yours not showing initially)

1st way is use Filter - type in 1st letter or letters then enter. Will show only those servers.

2nd way is type in "connectip"

Is there an easy way to add Valheim mods like Valheim Plus to this configuration?  There are now many mods available in Nexus for the game - would be nice to get Mods added - not sure where to start...  (Valheim Plus particularly - I host a box that may have a number of Valheim servers on it and would like to make it easy for other server admins to add mods as they wish).

Edited by Ulrik

Hi. Got problems to find server on valheim and steamserver, and get this error on steam.

[2021-02-24 09:41:55] IPv6 HTTP connectivity test (ipv6check-http.steamcontent.com / 0.0.0.0:80 (0.0.0.0:80)) - TIMEOUT
[2021-02-24 09:41:55] IPv6 UDP connectivity test (ipv6check-udp.steamcontent.com) - FAILED, no addresses resolved

Edited by Smolf
text edit

Sometimes when I start a server I get in this never ending loop where the server tries to start but the GameServer.init() call fails and it says that Steam is not initialized. Any pointers? I'm at a loss. It doesn't seem related to Steam services being unavailable, I have another server on a different port running fine.

Screenshot_837.thumb.png.4e9afd0b8bdbbe66470c9ae762c91a42.png

Edited by PolarKC

22 hours ago, PolarKC said:

Sometimes when I start a server I get in this never ending loop where the server tries to start but the GameServer.init() call fails and it says that Steam is not initialized. Any pointers? I'm at a loss. It doesn't seem related to Steam services being unavailable, I have another server on a different port running fine.

Screenshot_837.thumb.png.4e9afd0b8bdbbe66470c9ae762c91a42.png

This is usually due to a corrupt world file. Try start with a fresh world.

Hey

Will you be updating the template to use umod? I see umod has a few fixes to the game but problem is umod needs to be installed on the server and you need to use umod commands, you cant just copy umod into your install files because steam update will overwrite them sadly. I found a few ways around this but curious how the pros do it 🙂

8 minutes ago, Rislem said:

Hey

Will you be updating the template to use umod? I see umod has a few fixes to the game but problem is umod needs to be installed on the server and you need to use umod commands, you cant just copy umod into your install files because steam update will overwrite them sadly. I found a few ways around this but curious how the pros do it 🙂

I did this with a custom script. Click a button installs uMod, its just a bat script that runs the uMod update command.

umod update valheim -P --force

Hey MarkMorris, so you still use Steam update? cause my issue is if a client updates the game it overwrites umod.

Also one of my servers gives me this issue, have you encountered it before? It feels like a port thats closed on my firewall but I cant figure out which one, SteamCMD works just fine. it just constantly times out. works fine on my one remote server but the rest it just gets stuck like that.

Timeout.jpg.11f79b25ec84071e925092b5915fe8c2.jpg

9 minutes ago, Rislem said:

Hey MarkMorris, so you still use Steam update? cause my issue is if a client updates the game it overwrites umod.

Also one of my servers gives me this issue, have you encountered it before? It feels like a port thats closed on my firewall but I cant figure out which one, SteamCMD works just fine. it just constantly times out. works fine on my one remote server but the rest it just gets stuck like that.

Timeout.jpg.11f79b25ec84071e925092b5915fe8c2.jpg

My routine is always Steam Update, Then uMod Update. Both are buttons.

Capture.PNG.f9b744a598afe071bc2c28a3bb2aacc2.PNG

Edited by MarkMozza