Bad Company Authorized Hosters Already Selected

pesultra

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trust me, being a ranked provider isn't all it's cracked up to be. We were in the original BF2 group providing ranked servers and after less then 6 months decided it's all BS. Let someone else be EA's lapdogs..

Rich, what was the pricing structure? Was it like a huge amount or something that makes the ranked provider "bs" ? Or what happened in your case?

it doesnt cost anything and tbh we have never had any problems with being a ranked provider, yeh you have to keep an eye out for padding servers and make sure you keep up to date but any good GSP is going to try there best to keep on the ball anyway.

and when i say any good GSP i am in no way having a dig at anyone!, pure figure of speech :)

Thats not exactly correct Derek. They didnt honor BF2 Ranked providers for BF 2142 and they so far are not honoring BF2 Ranked Providers for Bad Company 2. From what ive seen so far.

Please inform me how many North Amercian providers were added besides NFOServers to Bad Company 2 ranked that were not either BF2 ranked of BF2142 ranked. 5/6 of the providers were ranked before.

it doesnt cost anything and tbh we have never had any problems with being a ranked provider, yeh you have to keep an eye out for padding servers and make sure you keep up to date but any good GSP is going to try there best to keep on the ball anyway.

and when i say any good GSP i am in no way having a dig at anyone!, pure figure of speech :)

doesnt cost anything? Well I understand your happy with it as ur ranked however this is contriuting to ruin the freedom of mp gaming as we have been knowing it for years.

Started with ranked servers then games without any dedicated at all, what next? A per slot licence with monthly payment ?

And again there will be ppl following the idea so as a result every1 will be screwed.

Never applied to be ranked cuz Im totally against this system however if things go this way and ppl keep contributing to feed this system I might be forced to adapt and apply to just keep the business up.

doesnt cost anything? Well I understand your happy with it as ur ranked however this is contriuting to ruin the freedom of mp gaming as we have been knowing it for years.

Started with ranked servers then games without any dedicated at all, what next? A per slot licence with monthly payment ?

And again there will be ppl following the idea so as a result every1 will be screwed.

Never applied to be ranked cuz Im totally against this system however if things go this way and ppl keep contributing to feed this system I might be forced to adapt and apply to just keep the business up.

Costs?

Try Americas Army for starters:

Preferred Provider license:5,000.00

Provider License: 1,000.00

AA2.8.5 per server instance: $20-22.00ea. recurring

AA3 server instance:$25-27.00ea recurring

Now if your an International Preferred provider these instances are less. Now at the launch of AA3 in June we started with 28 honor servers now were down to 3 total because of a botch up released that has flawed the game from the start.

Results: Bad investment......

Costs?

Try Americas Army for starters:

Preferred Provider license:5,000.00

Provider License: 1,000.00

AA2.8.5 per server instance: $20-22.00ea. recurring

AA3 server instance:$25-27.00ea recurring

Now if your an International Preferred provider these instances are less. Now at the launch of AA3 in June we started with 28 honor servers now were down to 3 total because of a botch up released that has flawed the game from the start.

Results: Bad investment......

Ouch, is the game pretty much dead ? or just AA3 ?

I also wonder how hostile contact is doing with AA.

The server browser only shows 220 servers and some of those are not even honor servers. But yes it's probably dead when there's only 7-900 players online but I never seen that query go over 1500. 2.8 still has diehards in it though probably in the same range of players online. We get more requests for older versions like 2.5 and 2.6.

I was refering to what was mentioned ie "is not a pain" or whatever, not even about financial cost and yes some are crazy. ALtho for BC2 there should be no cost for auth providers afaik.

I was just comparing AA Honor with BF ranked servers and the extra costs and work involved. I know EA doesn't charge for it but in the beginning didn't they require 10 public ranked servers to be online not counting your clients?

I was just comparing AA Honor with BF ranked servers and the extra costs and work involved. I know EA doesn't charge for it but in the beginning didn't they require 10 public ranked servers to be online not counting your clients?

10 servers are nothing compared to the big money you make with ranked servers. But the way they act is just sick, their strategy is BS to GSP's so they know they wont get support from them and they ask their ranked to run free public cuz else there would be not enough servers for the launch of the game. That would be so funny if ranked decided all at once to rebel against that ranked strategy and dont run any public. Ofc this will never happen as they get big advantages and are under contract but imagine BC2 released and no ranked servers to play on. Would force developers to rethink their stupid ranked system.

10 servers are nothing compared to the big money you make with ranked servers. But the way they act is just sick, their strategy is BS to GSP's so they know they wont get support from them and they ask their ranked to run free public cuz else there would be not enough servers for the launch of the game. That would be so funny if ranked decided all at once to rebel against that ranked strategy and dont run any public. Ofc this will never happen as they get big advantages and are under contract but imagine BC2 released and no ranked servers to play on. Would force developers to rethink their stupid ranked system.

Yeah, exactly 10 servers is next to nothing and we all know that at least if you have any sort of infrastructure in place. All the beta servers are full there are not even enough due to the fact there are exactly 6 USA ranked providers.

Also off of the top of my head a few of the providers for bf2 ranked got boned:

leetservers

ultimategameserver

Just because we aren't taking pre-orders yet, does not mean we got BONED!!

After the Heroes preorder mess, we wont do preorders until 7 days before release.

-Bobby

Just because we aren't taking pre-orders yet, does not mean we got BONED!!

After the Heroes preorder mess, we wont do preorders until 7 days before release.

-Bobby

I was also going off the fact you have no servers up on the browser. Also what went wrong with Heros ?

Not being able to setup unranked servers without being a EA authorised reseller for ranked servers is infuriating. We have our own dedicated servers setup for our clan which we host all our multiple teams games on, paying for this is a big deal to begin with but now we're going to have to rent 2-3 servers from an authorized parter or go without.

lol :) this is getting interesting. but yeah... EA and DICE should allow it to everyone who ever purchase the game to host servers and just take off ranked or no ranked, it would help the GSP industry and also people would have varieties of choices of companies to choose from and their best experience with a particular company.

It would be good to see this later or if they accept more companies under the ranked provider except like 5-6 companies.

Archived