Bad Company Authorized Hosters Already Selected

pesultra

I don't understand why these companies do this. The life of their games is extremely shortened by no server files or by only offering them to a select few. Atleast with other games we could run Unranked servers which helped. Heroes was a complete flop, it wasn't a bad game, but the people running servers were absolute tool bags. By hording the server files you completely disregard all communities who run their own servers, a boatload of GSPs, and so on. I had a lot more to this rant but im hungry so /rantoff.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like tread goes off topic :-)

p.s. BFBC2 will be one to play for sure wait to see full game before you cancel your preorder :-)

Back to topic: Well looks really that only way to talk somone from DICE is to pack your bags and go to Sweden,if you call them you will get someone on reception than you tell to lady why you calling ,she say oh yeah I will conect you with XXX person than after you wait for 5 min you just hear answer machine to leave message,sending mails to same person you will never get answer ,as lots of you at this topic I have also same opinion and question ..why the hell no response at least telling us big "NO" is that so hard hmm dont get it?

I too have to jump on this bandwagon demanding an even playing field. I've been a PC Gamer since the Duke Nukem days and since then, created a little online community and rented plenty of servers from various GSP's. We've had some bad servers and good ones... bad service and great service.

So in Sept. of 2009, a gaming friend and I decided to start our own GSP. Sure, we'll be starting out small and even though we're relatively new to the GSP scene, we're not new to the dedicated boxes or dedicated game servers.

Our whole outlook at the time of forming this business, we anticipated selling BFBC2 Ranked servers or at least given the opportunity to apply to be considered a ranked provider. We also had expected to sell MW2 dedicated servers.. hell GSP's were already advertising the sale of MW2 servers until the bomb from IW came down. (I never did buy that game).

So what a time to to jump into the GSP market when the biggest FPS game MW2 decides NOT to implement dedicated servers. It was good news that DICE said that they were definitely going dedicated only to be shot down and not even given the opportunity to sell non-ranked servers, not that would do anything anyways, but if my clan wants to compete in a league... we're back to renting again.

So now comes MOH... Dedicated news is hush hush. Hopefully this game doesn't have a STUPID ranking system to where dedicated files need to be protected by "trusted" partners or worse.. no dedi files.

End of my little rant... I just would like to see the trusted partner program to be open to all licensed, (legit), GSP's out there and give them a chance.. it's all BS!

So in Sept. of 2009, a gaming friend and I decided to start our own GSP. Sure, we'll be starting out small and even though we're relatively new to the GSP scene, we're not new to the dedicated boxes or dedicated game servers.

Our whole outlook at the time of forming this business, we anticipated selling BFBC2 Ranked servers or at least given the opportunity to apply to be considered a ranked provider. We also had expected to sell MW2 dedicated servers.. hell GSP's were already advertising the sale of MW2 servers until the bomb from IW came down. (I never did buy that game)

I shortened your post to the relevant point.

I UNDERSTAND that your upset, I UNDERSTAND that other GSP's are upset, HOWEVER, You startup on 9/09 and expect to be a Ranked partner? Really?

=Bobby

I shortened your post to the relevent point.

I UNDERSTAND that your upset, I UNDERSTAND that other GSP's are upset, HOWEVER, You startup on 9/09 and expect to be a Ranked partner? Really?

=Bobby

+ The reasoning you wont be accepted is most companys usually go broke or whatever after the first couple of months, so ranked partners are only for companys years long in the running,

I shortened your post to the relevent point.

=Bobby

Pretty much, be in the business for at least 12 months and then apply :)

Archived