Bad Company Authorized Hosters Already Selected

pesultra

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well... that is just (insert word of choice) .. as we are a not a highly capitalized server provider.. with lots of extra cash to lay out to be a ranked provider.. assuming that we could get lucky enough to be selected..

I wouldn't fret about it too much mate. Despite what others say being a ranked provider isn't all it's cracked up to be. Some feel being EA's lapdog is a good idea but bottom line value says it's a losing proposition across the board. We used to be a ranked partner and decided it's not worth the headaches so draw your own conclusions..

I wouldn't fret about it too much mate. Despite what others say being a ranked provider isn't all it's cracked up to be. Some feel being EA's lapdog is a good idea but bottom line value says it's a losing proposition across the board. We used to be a ranked partner and decided it's not worth the headaches so draw your own conclusions..

Why lapdogs? And what you mean by headaches? Can you be more specific m8?

I agree 100% ...For more specific issues as to what Rich is talking about, just search the forums for the bf2 ranked discussion from years past.

The models didn't work back then, super curious how it would work in todays market.

Who knows though.

-A

I agree 100% ...For more specific issues as to what Rich is talking about, just search the forums for the bf2 ranked discussion from years past.

The models didn't work back then, super curious how it would work in todays market.

Who knows though.

-A

Well tried to search but nothing about that, maybe you can drop those links I would really love to see those :oh noes

btw: Model didnt work? Wouldnt say that 5 years now and some servers still up and runing ,to not get me wrong I am not ranked provider at least not yet :grin:

Who knows though.

-A

What do you mean "models" , it is no different then offering a css server.

Search these forums using the word "ranked" , plenty of topics amount that you can spend a few hours reading over.

You'll notice that through each title of the battlefield series, we again are brought up with the ranked providers list, and who is going to be the trusted partners. Each time you can clearly see how the list is 'chosen' from what appears to be random companies or the previous titles trusted providers list. Most providers (and we are talking besides just startup and fly-by-night GSPs) don't even get a chance to apply to the program or even see what the application process might be, or what is required. How is this fair to the other companies that might actually have a better knowledge of their field than someone who is chosen? How is it fair to the customer, who is sending their money to a provider who might have been chosen because he 'made friends in the industry' as opposed to 'actually knowing what hes doing?' Is it really a fair and well chosen process? Who knows--You can never see how its done--So beats me.

The model I am talking about is how in the past, they have had stipulations such as minimal pricing on dedicateds. Your inability as a GSP to resell anything other than BF2 as ranked making all other ranked titles not available as per the terms set forth by EA. The restriction that you must host 10 public servers for them, restrictions on access to the filestructure and file handling.

I'm not positive if this is still how things are, but seeing how again the 'ranked' providers were choosen in such a disorderly fashion, I still see the battlefield series as being a 6-9 month loosing battle.

History is key to this imo, and the only thing that seems to have changed from this title launch compared to the launches in the past -- Is that the customers won't spend $3, $4, $5, $6/slot anymore -- They barely even spend $1/slot. Granted, the hardware has increased incredibly over the past few years, and hosting in general has become much cheaper but is this enough to make it even worth all of the work, all of the support, and all of the nonsense? In my opinion, and obviously others it isn't.

All i can say is the game is limited the same as COD MW2 is, if more games become restricted or like MMO style, the game server community and the FPS commuity will soon disapear, and obviously the ony reason they have given it to selected hosts is to make a little bit more money for them selves, on which if they released the files more people would buy the game.

I dont agree with cracked software or products, but if there are cracked server released of MW2 or BFBC2 i will seriously consider hosting them....

obviously the ony reason they have given it to selected hosts is to make a little bit more money for them selves, on which if they released the files more people would buy the game.

I think they are more concerned about the ranked server files being leaked out.

• 2 weeks later...
I think they are more concerned about the ranked server files being leaked out.

Of course the files will be leaked, and I’m guessing they already are and have been cracked.

DICE have made a big mistake once again by only releasing it to rank providers. I give it 6 months and they will release the files to the public.

Yeah the files have been cracked, and posted on the torrent sites as well as some of the other gaming advisory sites. I definately wouldn't recommend this type of hosting for any *legit* provider...Though, I guess many are illigitimate anyway, and what would breaking another law do? :}

Yeah the files have been cracked, and posted on the torrent sites as well as some of the other gaming advisory sites. I definately wouldn't recommend this type of hosting for any *legit* provider...Though, I guess many are illigitimate anyway, and what would breaking another law do? :}

I wouldn't be surprised if they ban those IPs.

• 5 weeks later...

Bazajaytee wrote on the official EA UK Forum that NO more GSPs were to be offered a Trusted Partner status för BFBC2, unless they were providing their services in freaky geographical places like Pakistan etc. The main reason was that it's taking to much of their (EA/Dice) time to handle new requests - as they get around 20 of them each day.

They apparently have a waiting list for those who are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

I see all the hype of a new game and the beta version seemed to play very well and why everyone wants to get on board and make some money. Honestly I am so sick of EA and Dice and the way they have limited these servers to the public and gsp's. Basically they are renting out these servers for you to pay the hosting costs for them and it's bull. If I could get my money back from this game I would in a heartbeat. Patch after patch and is still screwed up. Im sure if this was a true dedi server for the people that purchased the game server to be able to set their own rules, it would run alot smoother. They are choking out the smaller gsp's and smaller clans that rent them, and I would never rent a game server to the public for them. Maybe the new COD Black Ops will be better for the gaming community, I can only hope...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is an old thread but what the hell just thought I would kick some life back into it.

When, and I mean when not if, HostileContact becomes an EA Ranked provider we are going to flood the market with cheap ranked servers. Starting off with a $1.00 a slot buy 1 get 1 free, with free web hosting and free Mohawk, wait better make that free Teamspeak, wouldn't want to spoil the package.

Archived