Bad Company Authorized Hosters Already Selected

pesultra

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think 12 months is going to help you in this matter either.

What do you mean it's not going to help you ? Length of time in business will always help you to some extent. EA ranked isn't impossible but will take time to get in contact with the correct person involved.

Nah more than 2 years around and no answer yet , dont tell bull-shit about time period that has nothing to do with they just playing dirty.

I said before check the list of ranked providers and you will see some of them even dont have proper website damn it looks like forum so much about what you need to have and how long you need to run your business.

However about right person hmmm yes I got direct contact of person at DICE for that even left few messages from time to time on his answer machine and guess what? Do you really need answer on this? Yeah well no answer just no answer ;) I will let you know guys once I am back from Sweden hows that going ehehhe :p

No problem to be a Ranked Host ........... Ya got plenty of money then buy one of them out and ya can run as many rank servers as ya want !

You need to rethink that, just buying a company that is already a ranked provider is no guarantee you will remain a ranked provider.

He tried 3 years ago,thats what he say maybe he should try again :-)...

Well I was thinking maybe ECF can implement some betting system here lol

Lets bet who will first become new AP from EA?

This becomes really funny :-) but after reading all those comments and how much time people trying to get that license I am not sure shoud I laugh or cry hmmm.

Well joke on the side I have a business offer to those who are already trusted partners with EA and DICE ...

We can offer interesting location to those guys ,when I say interesting that means nobady has it and we think there is lots of interest for those BF servers,now my question is can you trusted partners make a deal with another company?Well probably not but as you already have your hands there maybe you can contac your friends at EA and try to get that deal?I dont know what you think about this if somone is interested well send me PM here and we can talk about it. Maybe its just stupid question hmm but maybe not lets see what some of you things about.

Cheers

Hey OldMan,

Go buy out a ventrilo license holder company and see how well you can get that license transfered into your company name. So ya just buying out a ranked provider will not mean you get to be a ranked provider. Plus most ranked providers will charge a pretty penny cause they are not some rag tag provider.

Starting with BF2142 ranked providers are not allowed to resell ranked servers. However you may be able to offer some dedicated servers to the ranked providers to rent?

Yeah I know that ECF thats why I wrote maybe somone who is interested and well conected with EA or DICE can talk to them ,in my opinion 3 sides would be happy with something like this ... EA having new location on their list,trusted partner offering new location and of course our company finaly can offer those ranked servers.

Ok I know this is kinda hard to get working because of payment things who is going to trust to some another company etc etc, but it was just an idea.

However good luck to all who are looking license I really hope things will be changed soon ;)

Then you are doing something wrong ;)

Thats my point you started what a year and a half ago? and have gotten no replies, not that we did anything wrong you just don't get a reply from anybody that knows anything. It's obvious the ranked providers are getting emails from somebody but i doubt they are going to pass that info on to us as it would infringe on there income.

I shortened your post to the relevant point.

I UNDERSTAND that your upset, I UNDERSTAND that other GSP's are upset, HOWEVER, You startup on 9/09 and expect to be a Ranked partner? Really?

=Bobby

Yes.. REALLY.

Maybe EA could post some guidelines on becoming a trusted partner, for example 5+ years in business. Without a guideline to follow, why wouldn't I expect at least some kind of answer? I'm licensed... could I fold in the next year? Possibly. Companies that abandoned Dedicated servers and limit Dedi files to certain GSP's would certainly contribute to a GSP closing.

I see Bobby you are a trusted partner.. but that is no reason to look down on me because I've started a relatively new company. (I'm 44 and been PC gaming for the last 15yrs. So, just the company name is new), Your company was once new as well and looking to expand your products for rent.

Forgive me for trying to make my company relevant.

Yes.. REALLY.

Maybe EA could post some guidelines on becoming a trusted partner, for example 5+ years in business. Without a guideline to follow, why wouldn't I expect at least some kind of answer? I'm licensed... could I fold in the next year? Possibly. Companies that abandoned Dedicated servers and limit Dedi files to certain GSP's would certainly contribute to a GSP closing.

I see Bobby you are a trusted partner.. but that is no reason to look down on me because I've started a relatively new company. (I'm 44 and been PC gaming for the last 15yrs. So, just the company name is new), Your company was once new as well and looking to expand your products for rent.

Forgive me for trying to make my company relevant.

ReREAD my post please. notice how I wrote, I UNDERSTAND in caps TWICE. I look down at no one!! Almost everyone on here knows me personally and they know I'm a regular Joe.

To get into the business and expect to get ranked right away is just plain dumb. There are guys in the business just as long as me and they arent even ranked yet. Again I feel your pain but to jump into the biz and expect contracts right away is just foolish.

-Bobby

Thats my point you started what a year and a half ago? and have gotten no replies, not that we did anything wrong you just don't get a reply from anybody that knows anything. It's obvious the ranked providers are getting emails from somebody but i doubt they are going to pass that info on to us as it would infringe on there income.

I dont think its about the Trusted Partner that does not want to give the "Q" on who you must contact. I think its more on a "EA/Dice" that dont let them give the information because they would get to much emails from GSP's. Im sure if a GSP create a leak, that he's going to have is Trusted Partner taken away from him and im pretty sure EA/Dive will find out from where it got out. If you had the licence, would you let that information out and maybe loose you it? I dont think so.

Did you notice that the Trusted Partner dont even reply on this post or dont say anything to put them in the line of fire? They all understand that it would be stupid of them to start making some comments and for what it would give them back.

I have tried in the past 5 years to have my licence and only in january 2010 that i got my answer from them for Battlefield : Bad Company 2/Battlefield 1943. When someone say’s « its now 1 year that i tried», it make me laugh because im not the only one to have tried since 2005 and be here in 2010 with nothing. Im just lucky to have some paper work done for evaluation but even with that, i dont have it yet. Im sure that 95% of GSP’s would get kick out because of all the person that must approve you. There way of doing it is profesionnal even if its not fair for some people.

ReREAD my post please. notice how I wrote, I UNDERSTAND in caps TWICE. I look down at no one!! Almost everyone on here knows me personally and they know I'm a regular Joe.

To get into the business and expect to get ranked right away is just plain dumb. There are guys in the business just as long as me and they arent even ranked yet. Again I feel your pain but to jump into the biz and expect contracts right away is just foolish.

-Bobby

Understood...

I took your post more personal than I should have. But I don't agree with you expecting to be ranked so soon is dumb. What's dumb is that EA/DICE don't release a guideline as to what qualifies a company as a potential trusted partner. It would avoid a lot of confusion and clarify to companies what to expect.

I also don't think it's foolish to expect so much.. if you're not going to be aggressive is this business, or any business for that matter, then you should get out.

Thanks for your comments Bobby.. no offense taken.

they only use large GPS's who are registered and well known (eg: KillerCreation Ltd and i3D) and speaking with KillerCreation there are only 3 GSP's in the UK who have been Selectived.

EA doesn't go for Unregistered GSP or Small GSP's as if they close then there could be a risk there Ranked Files being leaked

they only use large GPS's who are registered and well known (eg: KillerCreation Ltd and i3D) and speaking with KillerCreation there are only 3 GSP's in the UK who have been Selectived.

EA doesn't go for Unregistered GSP or Small GSP's as if they close then there could be a risk there Ranked Files being leaked

The size of the GSP is no guarantee that they are going to remain in business look at Wolf Servers, they sold out to AOW.

The size of the GSP is no guarantee that they are going to remain in business look at Wolf Servers, they sold out to AOW.

You're assuming Wolf Servers is/was a relatively large GSP. Honestly it's impossible to know unless someone was given access to the billing of said GSP. Just talk to Jon he seems to know everything about every GSP.

PS. Wolf Servers didn't go out of business it simply changed owners. :)

This isn't necessarily true, it seems that there may be a couple small GSP's on the BC2 list this time around. However they may or may not be offering territories that others aren't. EA's direction to limit RSP's is no different from Ventrilo's. They've learned that they don't need to have 180 ranked partners, customers will still rent a server from one of the 40 partners if they really want a server. It's less work on their part and less likely that a leak will occur.

It's a shame that it's gone this way and I really don't see it changing in the future.

Archived