Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare configs

JJFS

I am amazed that there are not more game servers out there..... COD2 has like 10,000

Most are uploading 6GB+ of data over a broadband connection. ie.. 30+ hours LOL.

Only a few are driving to the DC and popping in the dvd. But steam now has it for DL 49.95 so there will be 10,000 by tonight I am betting.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nice, I was mad cause I didn't have servers up at 12:03, but I guess I am fine now. :].

- Swish; sorry about not getting you those files, if you need anything feel free to email me. My alarm clock didn't go off and I didn't have the files till yesterday at about 5 PM.

I'm hoping the late setup wont effect my overall success. I am having to build 3 new machines because 2 of the 3 I had for CoD4 just got rented as dedicated servers. I see CoD4 sucks a little more ram lol. Need to go to 8 GB instead of the minimum of 2 GB.

This is nice, I was mad cause I didn't have servers up at 12:03, but I guess I am fine now. :].

- Swish; sorry about not getting you those files, if you need anything feel free to email me. My alarm clock didn't go off and I didn't have the files till yesterday at about 5 PM.

N/P I snagged em form the same place you got em ;)

By the way I see a 48 slot server on game-monitor, thought 32 was the maximum?

Anyone looked into this yet?

I did notice that server. I figure it was modded as the title would suggest, and that it will no longer be ranked.

On another topic, the configs that were posted in this thread included this:

// Master servers 
set sv_master1 \\\"cod2master.activision.com\\\" 
set sv_master2 \\\"cod2authorize.activision.com\\\" 
set sv_master3 \\\"cod2master.infinityward.com\\\" 
set sv_master3 \\\"cod2update.activision.com\\\\\\\" 
set sv_master4 \\\"master.gamespy.com:28960\\\" 
set sv_master5 \\\"master0.gamespy.com\\\" 
set sv_master6 \\\"master1.gamespy.com\\\" 
set sv_master7 \\\"clanservers.net\\\" 
set sv_gamespy \\\"1\\\"

I have heard that all those masters are leftover from the COD2 config copy over and all that is required is

// Master servers 
set sv_gamespy \\\"1\\\" 

Can someone confirm this? so far I haven\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t seen a difference between the two.

Edit: What is going on with the forum adding all these slashes to my post where ever I put a quotation...?

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use