Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare configs

JJFS

Servers seem to be running nicely - for the most part.

Anyone seeing random lag spikes? The only thing I can correlate it to from the COD console is regular dvar error messages like below:

WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_ambient' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'

WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_hurt' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'

WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_player1' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'

WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_player2' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'

WARNING: unknown dvar 'bg_shock_volume_music' in file 'shock/damage_mp.shock'

I havent had regular complaints, just random ones so I wanted to check and see if anyone else is experiencing intermittent spikes.

I know it's not network because I have IP monitoring turned on as well as other logging, and I would expect to see latency in logs, but don't when these complaints are made.

Also, are most of you running this interactively or in the background -any recommendation between the two?

Thanks!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else see large volumes of unknown DVAR errors in their console (specifically the ones I pasted in the message above)? I'm just worried that maybe I corrupted a file or two during upload - or are these errors 'normal'?

Thanks!

They are normal, I get them on all of my cod4 machines, and I know of at least 3 other providers that are getting the same errors. They are normal and do not seem to effect game play at all.

They are normal, I get them on all of my cod4 machines, and I know of at least 3 other providers that are getting the same errors. They are normal and do not seem to effect game play at all.

Thanks for the info - are you typically running in interactive console or service 'backgroound' mode?

I imported the Call_of_Duty_4_.txt file to the supported games list and it shows up on there, but when I click Create a game and voice server it only lets me make a server for CoD, CoD:UO, or CoD2. Can anyone help me out?

I realize this is a pretty stupid question, sorry, I don't usually do this stuff :|

I imported the Call_of_Duty_4_.txt file to the supported games list and it shows up on there, but when I click Create a game and voice server it only lets me make a server for CoD, CoD:UO, or CoD2. Can anyone help me out?

I realize this is a pretty stupid question, sorry, I don't usually do this stuff :|

Make sure you create the C:\Gameinstalls\COD4 folder on the server and put the game files in there.

Make sure you create the C:\Gameinstalls\COD4 folder on the server and put the game files in there.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how to do that. I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum for this but the guy who used to do this for us is no longer available and I'm kind of lost right now.

what hunkmegs are you guys running.. My servers are running fine with 256.. and thats 24 player servers..

it does creap upto 280meg after 48 hours usage, but sits around that.. how low can you go.... it's pretty dam popular..

also.. about hte servers not showing up in server browser list.. i think activision master server were getting hit hard.. we waited over 4 hours, mucking around with setting, but it eventually showed.. i was reading in other forums, others were having the same issues.. im not having any toruble now though

Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this. I can get a server to run, but it's a real pain. The auto create makes the server, but it never runs on it's own. I play and play with it, trying a different configs and then for no reason it starts working.

Is the game creation file in this thread the best one to use?

Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this. I can get a server to run, but it's a real pain. The auto create makes the server, but it never runs on it's own. I play and play with it, trying a different configs and then for no reason it starts working.

Is the game creation file in this thread the best one to use?

The cfg ECF posted earler in tis thread (post #36) work.

personally I have never gotten the show on desktop to work. I assume that's the interact with desktop option.

So I have no luck getting it to show on desktop, and ECF's cfg doesn't work at all for me, even if I manually run the server.

Any ideas what might cause this?

i did a test with hunkmegs..

i tried one server with 200, and another with 256. Both servers were full for most of most of the day, but both were still very simular with memory usage.. 270meg in Taskmanager for the 200 hunkmeg server, and 276meg in Taskmanager for the 256 hunkmeg server..

bryan: Yes, enfact I have a server up and running. And it works fine, no lag, no glitches.

The problem is, it took 6 hours to get it online and it sort of just happened for no reason. I can't recreate it if I wanted to.

If I stop the server with tcadmin, go into run and put the command line in, the server runs and I can connect. If I then stop that server, go back to tcadmin and start the server, the server does not run.

Don't really want to make this a support thread, just wondering if anyone has had that happened before that might be able to help.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use