V2

adamnp

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it must be something since now almost every single major phone company has come out with their own version of the iPhone. The iphone is the future in my opinion. 1 button (and a slider) but the rest is touch screen. Great idea! I wore the keys out on my 8525, but i typed until my fingers ached on the iPhone with no problems. Plus it is great for apple. I can sit on my iphone all day and download songs strait to my phone! But the negative. No damned signal. =[

Theres nothing very revolutionary about the iphone, all the technology is pretty old. Even there 'Amazing' touch screen, the idea to have more than one point of contac accepted is old news. Its just marketing, I havent seen any copies of it yet, not in the UK at least, if there are copies then there not copying it because of technology its because of the hype.

• 2 months later...

Can you tell us if we can expect to see a V2 release before the end of the year?

The reason i ask this is because we have planned to moved from monthly rented licenses to owned licenses before the end of the year, and it seems it makes little sense to do that if we are going to have to pay again to upgrade them shortly after.

Notice he did not say what year or "this year", lol!

:lol: stir stir stir

i cant imagine v2 will be much different - i mean tcadmin is a fandabbydozey product already i honestly cant picture it getting much better, i cant think of much that would be great to have that isnt already there! - that said though, tcadmin has surprised me a hundred times already

i agree that .net upgrade will help on the coding end. not sure if anything will be changed user-centric because of it though. maybe some speed increases on page loads etc.

I'm hoping for a few more things in v2.

1 - Allowing storage of game files on file server pre-zipped. specifically hl2 games seem to take forever to zip move and unzip. if those don't change i'd like to store them pre-zipped to save some time.

2 - more of an overview of servers. like a "status" page of all servers, clients per server and even slots per server used, slots per server currently active with current proc/ram/hd usage. tcadmin has all this info so its just a matter of a summary page being coded.

3 - hl2 games being able to use some features like server status page, game server status report...no query info (might be same backend process)

4 - avg cpu for load balancing does not take into effect slots used. if slots used/active are 0 or 1 (hltv) then cpu load should not use that time. either customized query option or at least set times we can report on instead of 24h a day

5 - functional game server monitor. not sure if its my install but the monitor queries never work! always show server as down/not responding even with players on them!

Not to put any more ideas in coders heads as i'm sure they are working hard but these are my wishes. if they did encorporate any it would just further secure my love of tcadmin.

Was hoping to see more scripting as i know what i want but can't code it. things like rebooting individual game servers nightly etc.

Keep up the GREAT WORK guys. and bring back a solidly documented ability to upgrade from monthly payments to purchasing permanent licensing. know that failed because of people abusing/not understanding but smaller companies like us would LOVE to be able to upgrade any way possible. if the rules are strict but fair then i think you would receive very good feedback over that option.

• 3 weeks later...

If you opt to preload the database during installation of version 1, we currently have 25-28 game configs in it. Not sure where you are getting only 1 from.

I would imagine that V2 will contain more...

nope i dont mean this, i mean the Default Config Files..........A User should be able to create more then One Server.cfg or whatever...

1 cfg for War

1 cfg for Pulib

and so on......

I see what you mean, profiles! http://clanforge.multiplay.co.uk/userguide/ (hit "4.4 Profiles")

This would be a great addition indeed, once upon a time I had a server with Multiplay and my clan had many profiles for many occasions, example, some leagues have their own set of configs and such, we had one profile for each league we were in, in under 30 segs we would have the server up and running with a completely different set of configs.

Very handy.

Archived