V2

adamnp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see what you mean, profiles! http://clanforge.multiplay.co.uk/userguide/ (hit "4.4 Profiles")

This would be a great addition indeed, once upon a time I had a server with Multiplay and my clan had many profiles for many occasions, example, some leagues have their own set of configs and such, we had one profile for each league we were in, in under 30 segs we would have the server up and running with a completely different set of configs.

Very handy.

......... ;)

Ahhh... any ideas posted will be looked at. Please understand that version 2 is still in developement as far as core features. Nothing other than these features are being worked on at the moment.

Once we get a working stage we will then begin to take a look at client requested features. We will also be creating a new forum specifically for client input for v2 once we reach that stage.

......... ;)

I know its pretty weak answer but I would have to say that's what ftp is for. have client keep other server.cfg and upload as needed.

That or rename server.cfg to server.cfg.mod1 and server.cfg would be active. Then change server.cfg to server.cfg.mod2 and rename server.cfg.mod1 to server.cfg. Have not tried that but the file manager is powerful and should be able to rename the files as needed.

Thanks for v2 update. Just simply knowing you are still only working on core code gives us an idea that it will be a few months before anything is even close to alpha stages.

fyi...if you get something cool done and a small screenshot even if its not usable would keep my interest and keep me from asking how its going. keep up the great work guys.

• 2 months later...

One thing that'd be sweet (Maybe as a patch for v1) would be a very little feature.... I'll explain...

You know when you go in Users to search for a user, you type the user, and instead of clicking 'Search', you press Enter, and it brings you back to the main menu?

I don't know, it's something pretty trivial but it made me angry a good couple times :)

One thing that'd be sweet (Maybe as a patch for v1) would be a very little feature.... I'll explain...

You know when you go in Users to search for a user, you type the user, and instead of clicking 'Search', you press Enter, and it brings you back to the main menu?

I don't know, it's something pretty trivial but it made me angry a good couple times :)

yes yes!!! I want that!

this would be amazing.. just my $.02 :p

lol yes! very irritating

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yup. That is why we pulled all reference to it from our website and forums. The orginal post made a while back. Unfortunately we have had some set backs which were not related to V2 developement.

Once it is ready we will post about the beta test.

Archived