V2

adamnp

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kevin, Can you confirm that by the release date of v2 you will have a upgrade script from v1 to v2, Or atleast have it a planned development, As god will it be a nightmare to upgrade otherwise :-P lol,

Couldnt agree with ya more on that one laim:wink:~;)~;-)

But some screenies would be nice to see also :)

And the new version will be able to run the Master Server/Website on linux or Windows just to clarify that question.

This is great news becuase i am a linux fan. And my Clan's 2 dedicated servers is windows and linux. Nice to see that i can drop my linux panel when V2 is out.

Cant wait for :p

Patience is the best thing right now. Posting request for screenshots and info will simply be ignored. not to be mean, but the initial beta test must be completed and all the bugs need to be worked out.

One of the reasons why we have the private beta is we know the companies working with it and we know they would not leak any info out about it. Once we go to public beta I am sure numerous companies will start copying our ideas.

One thing we have always done is come up with our own ideas and also listen to user input. Other companies regularly attempt to copy our feature set. One company even copied our feature page word for word on their website.

We are not followers. We do not scour our competitor's sites looking for features to steal. We have a plan and we will execute that plan to the fullest. I am sure that many people will love version 2. But please be patient as this is a large project that is not going to happen overnight.

Thanks!

Patience is a virtue thats for sure, however seeing how we are going on close to 3 years since the project's been announced..Do you think it would be offbeat to ask what your guys current 'goal' is for a finish time? Granted, we don't want you to say next month....But can we expect to see it near end of beta/close to end of beta by this time next year? Or are we looking at a date farther than that? or possibly closer than that?

Maybe answering this question will quell the thirst for a bump every 4 days in regards to this topic :p) .....or it will succeed in annoying you more haha :) sorry!

LOL reminds me of the teamspeak forums as everyone waited for TS3. Trouble with announcing goals is then your flogged if something gets in the way of meeting your goal. They are focused on providing a quality product and I am certain have a series of goals to achieve this but they don't need to be hounded every time they fail to meet one of their goals.

Well we never announced a release date so I don't see why everyone is getting worked up.

If you need a date then here it is. September 17th 2020. Does that work for you?

:p

Thats not what I was asking for :) was more looking at what your guys target date was, trying to get a better idea if you are 3 months, 6 months, a year, 2 years. Though, stud brings up a good point I didn't really think about.

panties aren't in a bunch :cool

If I had a rough date range then I would post it. Right now it is in the hands of the beta testers. We know it works, but they are the ones that will be using it. So we need to wait for them to provide feedback to us on it. Only then can we even think about moving it out to the public.

Of course it will not be years till the release but I won't give any timeframe simply to be wrong and then have people complaining that we missed a date.

I am not trying to keep people in the dark here, but your are asking a question I do not have an answer for yet.

im fine with a long beta test so most/all bugs get fixed before public release.

Id rather wait 2 years than get daily headaches. Thinking about waiting couple of months even after public beta release to avoid problems before moving to v2.

I think they won't release it until it's bug free and smooth running. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived