V2

adamnp

I can't wait for this to be released, TCA has to be the best piece of software I have used, not just game related but in general.

I'm definitely looking forward to V2, it's always nice to experience new things and I'm assuring myself that it's going to be "epic" - if you could call it that without sounding like a reference to WoW :grin:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont understand why the SwiftPanel team made an exact copy of WHMcs ... but one thing for sure, if you use WHMcs, using SwiftPanel will be a pleasure ... there twin lollllll ... maybe its Matt brother :-P

Or somebody "ripping him off" ;)

Anyway back ontopic of V2 for me :grin:

• 3 months later...

ECF, i have one question and a suggestion for the v2 ... hope you have the answer :-P

When you say it will have the ability to have language, will it be in the same way as Kayako when it comes to translate it? If not, would it be possible to have one config file per language that i modify and let the client chose is language (ex.: french or english) when he connect to is GP? I mean that, when he connect the 1st time, he just as to chose language and the good configs files pop-up in is account instead of asking each time to the client via WHMcs.

Second thing, do you know if the upgrade to v2 could make us loose some configuration of any kind or its to soon or impossible to know?

Thanks.

Ozan

• 2 weeks later...

Something that I would really like to see in V2, is the ability to support additional services for clients.

We have a large number of customers who require additional services such as databases etc. This is usually due to stats, but we also supply a number of RPG type games, which require not only databases, but also the game will also have control panels.

Although we can manage the game itself through TCA, and on occasion the control system via secondary apps, the databases etc can be a problem.

It would be nice to see the ability to manage (or better still create) these through TCAdmin. This way we arent having to setup phpmyadmin setups/logins everywhere.

Just a thought, but it would certainly open up using tca for a greater type of game.

Personally I think that is getting a little to swiss army knife so to speak, when companies try and make a program do everything most of the time everything starts having problems becuase they are to devided. Personally I think a better attack to this would be a slight tweaking to custom links to allow assigning per user (or the ability to go in and hide links from a user).

Then a little more expansion or perhaps documentation on api and scripting to go with the allready existing install and uninstall scripts part of game configs.

This would allow for automation of settings like this, through custom links the user would have a link in tcadmin to the other panel (idealy allready logged in) and would be able to fairly seemlessly control.

I do realize that links back may well be missing. But you get full ability to seporate services per machine. Many me included don't believe databases like MySQL belong on machines running game servers there is to much hit on the game servers.

(edit)P.S. the link back could be handled with a open in window. If they created a page that allowed you to open a page inside then they would still be in the panel. Say http://mytcadminurl.com/outsideprogram.aspx?url=www.secondarypanel.com

The new version will support many languages. I know this has been a big request for a long time :)

Once the core feature set has been tested we will then open another V2 thread and ask for client input. However as stated above we do not want to clutter the software with too many features that can be controlled by software panels written to do certain functions.

Remember it is a "game hosting" control panel. Not a take out my trash and do my laundry and walk my dog panel :)

ECf, when I added my thoughts on addition 'services' that could be included in V2, I suppose what I was echoing is how games are becoming more complicated.

I fully appreciate that TCA is a game hosting panel, and that it should stick to what it does well.

Maybe what I am getting at is not neccisarily to have TCA 'manage' these services, but be able to integrate with them a little more.

For example we use WHMCS, as do many others on here, and although it doesn't do everything we want it to do, we can integrate additional panels with it, wheras with TCA it is quite locked down in that respect.

I know we can add additional links to the panel, which will go off to another panel...... integrating it in rather than having a link to it, although only a minor thing it makes a great difference.

This is just my opinion, and in now way a knock on what V1 does.... just thinking of the future and expandability possiilities

ECf, when I added my thoughts on addition 'services' that could be included in V2, I suppose what I was echoing is how games are becoming more complicated.

I fully appreciate that TCA is a game hosting panel, and that it should stick to what it does well.

Maybe what I am getting at is not neccisarily to have TCA 'manage' these services, but be able to integrate with them a little more.

For example we use WHMCS, as do many others on here, and although it doesn't do everything we want it to do, we can integrate additional panels with it, wheras with TCA it is quite locked down in that respect.

I know we can add additional links to the panel, which will go off to another panel...... integrating it in rather than having a link to it, although only a minor thing it makes a great difference.

This is just my opinion, and in now way a knock on what V1 does.... just thinking of the future and expandability possiilities

The ability to self-code additional modules would be extremely useful and would allow us to extend the functionality of the panel without causing much extra work for TCA themselves.

Well you all better get out your ASP.NET schoolbooks and start studying :)

V2 will be modular in nuture, however I am not 100% sure what if any API Luis will allow access to. I am sure he will have something, however the code needs to be protected.

Game are becoming more an more complex and we have to this point fullfilled pretty much every major issue that has been come across such as the GameKeys addition as well as some additionla variables being added for some mods/addons.

I know that everyone has some great ideas, and once Luis gets done with the core features we will have a V2 feature request forum once again where all of these ideas can be laid out and gone over.

Hopefully we will have the ability to add such features as mentioned above.

I am not sure exactly how Luis plans to handle the language translations. We may call on a few clients to help but that leaves a problem of updates. We can't wait for people to translate new parts for us.

Most likely it will be done be some form of language translation software.

Archived