V2

adamnp

That's bad. Some languages just can not be automatically translated correctly like Chinese, Russian, Greek. The result is awful and not readable at all, many words and phrases change their meaning to something other than it was supposed.

Just try translate some of Chinese, Greek or Russian site using google and you will understand me. The same happens when you translate back from English :) It is even funny sometimes.

And that's the point in sending language files to a group of clients for translation before release of V2. You will get a better translation to different languages and the release date won't be delayed. And as a backup plan you always can use automated translation.

You just need to know which languages you can expect to be translated by native speakers and which by a machine.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am referring to updates not the intial release. Every update will require that some text be translated. We cannot rely solely on clients to do this.

Im sure you can. I mean for exemple I would be highly interested in french language and of course I want it to be up to date when a new version/update comes out and I dont think there would be tons of words/sentences to translate per update so it wouldnt take that long to do.

Basically if something had to be translated in french I could do it and im sure other ppl would do it too. Just need to find the ones talking/spelling a solid french and a fluent english. Same goes for each language.

And if you dont have all the languages updates on the update release date thats not big deal, they could just be in english until some1 translates then you include that in another update and voila.

I agree with dimitrifrom31. I'm highly interested in russian language and will keep it up to date if I am granted such an opportunity.

And besides you can make an official deal with some of your clients. They make translations for you and you grant them some discounts or something else. They will be bound by an agreement and won't be able to delay the release date of updates

Well you all better get out your ASP.NET schoolbooks and start studying :)

V2 will be modular in nuture, however I am not 100% sure what if any API Luis will allow access to. I am sure he will have something, however the code needs to be protected.

Game are becoming more an more complex and we have to this point fullfilled pretty much every major issue that has been come across such as the GameKeys addition as well as some additionla variables being added for some mods/addons.

I know that everyone has some great ideas, and once Luis gets done with the core features we will have a V2 feature request forum once again where all of these ideas can be laid out and gone over.

Hopefully we will have the ability to add such features as mentioned above.

Great news ECF, and as you say even if its a small amount of the API available, it could make the world of difference.

Look forward to what comes out of the hat :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ECF,

i dont remember if someone ask for it but a cool feature un TCAdmin would be a "Maintenance Mod" button. Like now im making a back-up to move it to a new Master Server and i have some few client that dont read anything and restart them when i make a back-up. With that option, i only have to stop my game/voice server on a specific box without having to stop de TCAdmin Monitor service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ECF,

i dont remember if someone ask for it but a cool feature un TCAdmin would be a "Maintenance Mod" button. Like now im making a back-up to move it to a new Master Server and i have some few client that dont read anything and restart them when i make a back-up. With that option, i only have to stop my game/voice server on a specific box without having to stop de TCAdmin Monitor service.

yeah, that would be neat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello guys.

Id like to sum some of my thoughts about features that i hope to see in new version.

There is some GSP companies in our country who use their own game control panels and have many nice features and some of them now is a basic things that should be included.

1. Adding new lines in text files when installing mod or game update. Most popular game is CS with AMX Mod X installed on almost each server. So when you put new plugin in panel plugins.ini must have line with plugin name. I bet theres some other games that require new lines in config file for new mod.

2. F.e. AMX Mod X require Metamod so make feature to set which plugins can be installed with\without any required mods.

3. Uninstallation of game mods and updates (delete installed files and lines).

4. Default config files contain configs created by mod and marked as default, f.e. users.ini, amxx.ini and so on.

5. As you may know some game servers better operate if they sometimes being restarted. Here we are: Restart Planner — users set when and how often their game servers are going for restart.

6. If there is only 1 server can be run i Game Switching then ability to set automatically 1 IP adres and port (f.e. all runs on 27015) will be great.

7. LANGUAGE fIles, please.

8. Templates for easy customizing.

At this moment thats all :)

Thank you.

#6 is already possible. Simply assign all the games to the same IP and port. You will receive a warning that the port is taken but the game should still install.

#1 Version 1 was not coded to parse files so we could not add this option. Version 2 will have parsing capabilities so features like this and others can be added.

# 5 Version 2 will have a scheduler

#7 Yup. Language files will be included in V2.

As for custom control panels, yes there are so nice ones out there. However since we cater to numerous hosts sometimes it is hard to please everyone with the way features work. The ones with custom panels spend a lot of time and money on coders and they are designed to work specifically the way that company operates. We do try our best to add features but sometimes we find issues with one provider wanting it to work this way and another wanting it to work differently. We try to walk that fine line and make everyone happy. Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't :)

As for the rest, thank you for the input. As things take shape and we get a beta out we will begin to work on things from there.

#6 is already possible. Simply assign all the games to the same IP and port. You will receive a warning that the port is taken but the game should still install.

#1 Version 1 was not coded to parse files so we could not add this option. Version 2 will have parsing capabilities so features like this and others can be added.

As for custom control panels, yes there are so nice ones out there. However since we cater to numerous hosts sometimes it is hard to please everyone with the way features work. The ones with custom panels spend a lot of time and money on coders and they are designed to work specifically the way that company operates. We do try our best to add features but sometimes we find issues with one provider wanting it to work this way and another wanting it to work differently. We try to walk that fine line and make everyone happy. Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't :)

As for the rest, thank you for the input. As things take shape and we get a beta out we will begin to work on things from there.

Any eta of the beta ?

Hows v2 coming along ? :smile:

I would say we will have a working beta to give out sometime this spring/summer.

Since it is modular in nature we will offer core features in the beta. We will then take user input as we create the additional modules.

I would say we will have a working beta to give out sometime this spring/summer.

Since it is modular in nature we will offer core features in the beta. We will then take user input as we create the additional modules.

Sounds good, Will all current v1 beta testers be beta testing v2 ? or have to apply for beta testing v2 ? :smile:

Thanks for your reply. Waiting for beta.

• 1 month later...

Archived