V2

adamnp

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

very nice.

Is it going to be a simple upgrade? Like basically just do a upgrade by clicking upgrade?

Or is this going to be some what a big change where we need to reset configs, change tons of things, and also move files around in server directories?

It is a separate installation. Right now the only thing you can import from v1 are the game configs. Before we are out of beta we will have an upgrade tool to import users and services. Directory structure for game files is the same.

It is a separate installation. Right now the only thing you can import from v1 are the game configs. Before we are out of beta we will have an upgrade tool to import users and services. Directory structure for game files is the same.

Usually I understand "beta" is mostly meant for testing purposes.

However, would you say at this time I am assuming this is some what of a "open beta" since there was a testing before this release, would you say its SAFE to use for business purposes? OR is this still meant for testing purposes only?

Usually I understand "beta" is mostly meant for testing purposes.

However, would you say at this time I am assuming this is some what of a "open beta" since there was a testing before this release, would you say its SAFE to use for business purposes? OR is this still meant for testing purposes only?

good question I would like to know that :)

There has been basic testing, but I'd give it at least a month before converting to production. Small scale testing I'm sure found many bugs, but they will probably get swamped with bug reports at the initial release from the numerous different environments it is going to end up in. It wouldn't look very professional on your end for there to be a major hitch and you have to wait several days or even weeks for a repair due to how many bugs they are dealing with. ;)

There are a couple of clients that are already using it in production with Windows and Linux servers.

I recommend you let your clients choose if they want v1 or v2. Let them know it is beta and if there are any bugs they might have to wait a few days to have it fixed.

You will be able to run v1 and v2 on the same server. They use different ports by default.

One thing to remember also is that different system setups may have issues while others do not.

As Luis stated, we do have a couple clients using V2 in production. This was the only way we could find bugs by putting it into a real world scenario.

So far we have had very few major issues with V2. However withy the introduction of linux to the mix I can see some issues are going to arise due to the lack of admin abilities of some users that attempt to use it.

The open beta should be treated exactly as that "A BETA production". There is no cost during the open beta for current clients with a valid license so money is not an issue here. But beta clients should keep daily backups of their databases at the very least to protect themselves.

There are a couple of clients that are already using it in production with Windows and Linux servers.

I recommend you let your clients choose if they want v1 or v2. Let them know it is beta and if there are any bugs they might have to wait a few days to have it fixed.

You will be able to run v1 and v2 on the same server. They use different ports by default.

Awesome forward thinking. The perks you have already listed with regards to ease of conversion/upgrade and migrating a working environment is just outstanding, and the greatest reason I have zero problem paying a higher price for the new version.

Great work Luis.

Its gonna be awesome :)

Oh, by the way, some of us are running our linux core at an higher frequency. Did you tried if there was any instability about that ? (Master/Remote servers)

Also, will the Remote limit per Master stay the same?

Archived